NICE KID...NICE

Freeride/downhill resorts in PA

Hey, I am originally from PA and I am now living in NorhternVirginia ...sucks...everything is flat. I am contimplating moving back to PA and I was wondering where (if any) the resorts are that have and support Downhill/freeride mountain biking. If I do eventually relocate it will be base upon where they are. Thanks for reading.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    So far Seven Springs is the only one in PA.

mtbr member
    Seven Springs, Snowshoe (WV), and Wisp(MD) all have downhill mtb'ing. All three of these resorts are within a few hours of Pittsburgh PA. Then there is also Ray's MTB Park in Ohio.

http://7springs.com/
    http://www.skiwisp.com/
    http://www.snowshoemtn.com/index.htm
    http://www.raysmtb.com/

Why dont you just move a little further west into the more moutainous areas of Virginia?

trail addict
    you can't be too far from Snowshoe, right? Up here in northeast PA we aren't too far from Diablo (north Jersey).
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

NICE KID...NICE

Pa guys

I am in the smack dab in the middle of zippy. Snowshoe...4.5 hrs diablo 4.5 hours. I have been to Snowshoe and Diablo. How is 7 springs and Wisp? I have not been there yet. Is it worth the trip? How is the under ground freeride stuff in PA? Here in VA, I have 3 real good underground freeride trails. One my freinds and I have built. But in Norhtern VA, land is limitted. Side note...Uncle six pack, I love your quote.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    I live in Lancaster PA, and we have undergound freeride stuff all over Mt. Gretna, and everthing close. 7 Springs is OK, sounds like there going to do a lot for it next year. Wisp is pretty fun though. They have some fun DH coarses there. Also a killer DS coarse during the summer. Worth it to check that place out.

mtbr member
    what about Ski Denton? don't they also have mtn bike/mtn boarding in the off season?
    Those who know can not explain, Those who don't can not understand

Smith & Wesson, The original point and click user interface

mtbr member
    right now there isnt much in the way of downhill riding at 7 Springs. they have one downhill course, its about a mile long and not very challenging. i guess they are going to expand their dh offerings in the future. 7 Springs does have some really nice xc trails though.

mtbr member
    there is all kinds of underground stuff in S.E. And N.E. Pa. I've got some of my own stuff too.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd@gretnabikes
    I live in Lancaster PA, and we have undergound freeride stuff all over Mt. Gretna, and everthing close. 7 Springs is OK, sounds like there going to do a lot for it next year. Wisp is pretty fun though. They have some fun DH coarses there. Also a killer DS coarse during the summer. Worth it to check that place out.
    I work in Reading. How far is Mt Gretna. I'd like to check it out.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster
    its between Ephrata and Hershey right? if I'm thinking of the right area I would love to know where trails are, I live near Reading and ride mostly Blue Marsh
    Those who know can not explain, Those who don't can not understand

Smith & Wesson, The original point and click user interface

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster

Toaster, if you work in Reading, I'd meet you at the Pagoda after work some time too. Mt. Gretna, is about 45mins from there. I 'd love to show you around, we got some fun stuff around there and Camp Mack/pumping station.

I'm riding the big bike in those areas tomorrow (nov 10th) if any one wants to meet up...

Toaster, what kind of bike were you riding at Ted's? Just trying to put names to faces.

mtbr member
    I had my green bottlerocket there. Were you the one on the ridiculously overkill downhill bike? What time are you riding tomorrow? Where Reading or Gretna? What kind of bike would be best? DH or FR? I might be able to ride, but I was kinda planning Sunday to be my ride day B/C rain tomorrow.
    Team _________