mtbr member

Francis Slocum advice requested

My wife and I may be riding FS this weekend. We've never been there nor do we know which trails are open to cycling. Any advice and recommendations are appreciated. Lee - are you up for guiding a ride this weekend? We're not interested in racing, just a good moderatley paced ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Here is a link to a post giving trail detail for slocum. You can get a park map at the park Office. Conditions are good even with the snow. You will see plenty of bike tracks to follow. Short notice...but will be riding there this morning at 8:00.

Messin With Slocum

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job! Ride at Francis Slocum

Hi guys:

Sorry I didn't get your post till now. I have been busy with motorcycle and snowmobile things. I would have been honored to do a ride and guide for you. Oh well next time for sure.

The trails open to mt biking are located near the gasline on Carverton road. There is a small parking area by the electrical substation. You will see lots of tracks going up the hill, and a large tree laying across the Gasline.. On your right side the trails start. That is the Blue(Mocanaquah Trail) You can ride to Blue, White(Buck) and Orange (Hilltop) trails.

The Yellow as well as the unmarked trails are off limits! You can ride the the connectors that are associted with Yellow such as Yellow/Blue. Just not the Yellow trails. Stop by the park office grab a map and have fun. The trials are snow covered, by very rideable. Please respect this rule as we have a great ranger and staff at Francis Slocum!

You will need good lights to do the following rides till spring when daylight saving time kicks in. We do a Francis Slocum ride every Tuesday Night at 6 PM by the gasline if your interested. We only cancel if we have 6 or more inches of snow or pouring rain.

Thursday nights at 5:30 we ride at Hubbard located above Scranton in Justus Pa. Followed by a Great dinner at the Barn owned by John Graboski.You have to join us on this one also. It is the greatest time you will ever have Mt.Biking in the area. All riders and skill levels are welcome to ride. Usually riding time is about 1 hour and about 5 or 10 miles with some riders doing longer rides...

See ya on the trails

Lee

[SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job! Riding Hubbard?

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMA
    My wife and I may be riding FS this weekend. We've never been there nor do we know which trails are open to cycling. Any advice and recommendations are appreciated. Lee - are you up for guiding a ride this weekend? We're not interested in racing, just a good moderatley paced ride.

Are you riding Hubbard Thursday Night?
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com