^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Frances Slocum Workday NEPMTBA

[SIZE="3"]Hi all;

We are having a Workday at Frances Slocum State Park this Sunday 7/29/07 meeting at 10am at the Carverton Road Gasline Access. We will work for a few hours then ride the trails with a cookout right after. Please bring a covered dish or other item. I will bring my Propane Grill so we can cook stuff. Bikes and Helmets! Leave Rakes and Prunners!

Thanks in advance...we will have a Great time....as usual all are welcome...
    NEPMTBA [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Good job!

[SIZE="2"]Add:

Mark Farrel from Sicklers Bike Shop donated Hot Dog & Hamburgs for the Workday Picnic at Frances Slocum this Sunday. He has to work on Sunday so he can't make the Workday.

Check that off the list!

Lee: Gas Grill, Soda, Chips
    Mark: Hamburgers & Hot Dogs

Thanks Mark! Hope you can make the next Frances Slocum Workday/Ride/Picnic in August. [/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Wizard of the Trail
    I would love to give you guys a hand sunday, but I have work.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    We (Steve, Peach, and myself) are going to join you guys in the festivities. We will see you at the usual starting point for 10am.

Good job! Goodies

[SIZE="2"]Chris Stine is bringing Hot Dog & Hamburg Buns......[/SIZE]

proformance58@cs.com

I am bringing a couple bags of chips.

You will never guess what I'm bringing...

[SIZE="3"]Tom:

Guess...
    [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    proformance58@cs.com

and I will have one of these before the ride

Good job! Thanks guys for the Great Help

[SIZE="2"]To all:

After a meeting of the Minds and a Team pic we headed off to get some Trail Raking done. Chuck showed up with a "Gas Powered Leaf Blower" What a nice job it does to clear the Trails of Debris! We split up into 2 groups and met several times on the trail in different places. I had a chance to Trim and De Rock the trail we call "LSD" Log, Slippy, Death! Riding it in the up direction you have to unweight at just the correct time or it Toss your Lunch right in your Face. Of course there is a Spode run around for the weak of Heart!

After that I met Chris and Ranger Kris at the "SD" Small Dam and we all worked on Ramping the Nasty Root that has given Beginners so much trouble. As I Trimmed with the Machete Ranger Kris spoke as to my Action with the tool...telling me I have a way of Wielding that thing quite well...oh well a few trails have received my Wrath! Joe joined me with his and we proceeded to open'er up...removing Nasty "Pickeys" in the process. The trails are once again Nice & Flowing with corner apexes cleared so as one can see around them.

Riding it was a Blast! Seems to have gott'en Faster..."Happy Pants" Trail was soft due to the rain but it still had a good Flow to it. BLT Trail "Boulders, Logs & Trees was Slippy on the top yet the downhill section was fast and slamming the rock at the bottom crossing was fun as you could hit the rocks and cause them to make a huge Clapping sound as you hit them. Rattle!... Same with the Roman Road.... Hail Cesear! Turbo Tom made the "Nemesis Log" he has been trying for a while.

From the top BLT to the Bottom connection with Lake Shore Trail it is one continuous Flow of a downhill that is fast and Smooth. Ride It!

Chris showed up with a New Motobecayne SS 29er. What a ride!

The cookout was held at the gasline access... as we ate riders and hikers would pass and ask what was going on? We had a chance to meet new riders and hikers who were introduced to NEPMTBA and were interested in joining our group and hearing Hubbard stories. Johnny G.your club is growing! Nice! We have bigger plans for the next Workday/Ride/Cookout! Including Chuck's "Outrageous" Stories

We met Rich & Maureen from Benton on the trail and made new friends as they asked for directions. Rich had a really Cool old school Kona Rigid with a Flex Stem! Nice Ride!
    Hope you had fun at FS guys!

Thanks: Turbo Tom, Steve, Peach, Chris, Chuck(master zen story teller), Moto Joe, Chris Stine & Park Ranger Kris.... We Gott'er Done! Another fine NEPMTBA workday at Frances Slocum State Park.... Thanks for the Food guys.
    [/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Sorry I couldn't be there Lee. I was in NYC to see Rage Against the Machine!!! This was the first official show they did since they got back together in April!!! HOpefully I'll make it down next time though. Hubbard definatley appreciates the work input from you guys! see you Thursnight. ttyl, Fahn

Good job!

[SIZE="2"]Larry:

Glad you got to see them! Sounds like you had a Great time

Thanks for the compliments, but you know as well as I do we all do a lot and that is what makes it so good. We all ride what we fix and fix what we ride...

See ya at Hubbard Thursday night
    [/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Glad to help out. I am slowly chipping away at my goals at Slocum 1: clear all the log overs on BLT, 2: conquer Granny going up hill, 3: clear that pesty rooty uphill after the stream closing.

Ride On