Ride da mOOn Moderator

Frances Slocum workday a "GREAT" Success

[SIZE="3"]To all:

The workday at Frances Slocum State Park this past Sunday turned out to be a "GREAT" Success.

We(NEPMTBA) would like to thank Park Ranger Kris for helping us with the large trees that were hindering trail access due to the past windstorm. He spent the day with us removing trees and giving us incite in the proper care of the trails in the park.

Scott and Laura, and Late Dan from the Hubbard Bicycle club and Chuck form Main Bike World helped with the hand raking and removing brush from the trails. All 5 miles of trails were hand raked! It is now Perfect Single Track! Like riding on Carpet!

Steve Miller attended also. This was his first visit to Frances Slocum on a recommendation from his friend John Graboski from Hubbard Bicycle Club. He was a great help! We were all glad to meet you Steve!

Jeff and Brian From the "Mountain Top" crew worked on rebuilding the stone bridge on BLT(Boulders, Logs and Trees) trail. The bridge is now perfectly smooth. Like riding concrete. The work they did must be seen. It is truly a "WORK of ART" It will now be know as Jeff & Brians bridge!

We (NEPMTBA)(Chris Stine, Lee Curry and Kevin Czekalski) would like to thank each and everyone for dedicating your time and help to make the trails at Frances Slocum State Park a "GREAT" success! You made it happen!

The workday was followed by a great ride. The 2 favorite trails were: Happy Pants and BLT. We have a renaming of 1K trail. On the recommendation of Chuck. He renamed it Susquehanna River Devil trail.(SRD) You have to ask Chuck for the explaination! There is a story... of course that goes along with the name... and only Chuck can tell it like he does..Only he can sum it up!.........laughing!

Pics to follow!

[/SIZE]
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 05-03-2007 at 06:05 AM.

mtbr member

Good job! Thankyou goes to you guys...........

for building a great relationship with the land authorities and opening some very nice and legal Mtn. Biking Trails at Francis Slocum. Chris, Lee, and Kevin you have accomplished what many have tried in the area in the past. Thx again and RIde On !
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    for building a great relationship with the land authorities and opening some very nice and legal Mtn. Biking Trails at Francis Slocum. Chris, Lee, and Kevin you have accomplished what many have tried in the area in the past. Thx again and RIde On !
    [SIZE="3"] Jeff:

Thanks, but you and yours have built some pretty nice stuff on the top of the Mountain! Excellent trail there as well!

Your and Brian's bridge work at Frances Slocum is awesome! Laura and Scott couldn't wait to ride the bridge.

I guess we have it pretty good around here......Hope to join you soon for a ride up there!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

keep up the great work

the riding season is upon us and us in NJ love crossing the river to ride there too! Thanks
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

mtbr member
    I have to be up in Wilkes Barre one day this month and again in June. I usually throw my bike in the back and ride in Jim Thorpe on my way home.

Frances Slocum sounds pretty sweet. Would you guys give me some locals info on the place? I checked the "Trails" section and it looks pretty self explanatory, but I would like some recommended loops, milage, or any info you would be willing to share. Thanks.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by justriding
    I have to be up in Wilkes Barre one day this month and again in June. I usually throw my bike in the back and ride in Jim Thorpe on my way home.

Frances Slocum sounds pretty sweet. Would you guys give me some locals info on the place? I checked the "Trails" section and it looks pretty self explanatory, but I would like some recommended loops, milage, or any info you would be willing to share. Thanks.

http://www.nepmtba.piczo.com
    All info can be found on our website:

Please email me at
    proformance58@cs.com
    or
    NEPMTBA@yahoo.com

[SIZE="3"] If you have specific questions after viewing the website. We can add you to our rides list if you like. That way you are emailed with all updates and rides. Send your email to foto@radiorum.microserve.com Include in the subject line: NEPMTBA add me to email

Please include your real name in the message since we have so many email addresses it is impossible to recognize who's... who.

Basic info:
    All Mt Bike trails are on the Gas line side of the park accessible from Carverton Road. No riding is allowed in the main park except the paved roads. Maps are available at the park Office or on our website on the links page under Frances Slocum State park link.

Please don't ride the solid Yellow squares trail(hiking only) Any combo of yellow and other colors is ok Ex: yellow/blue..yellow/orange

There is approx 5 miles of trails ridable in either direction.

We have a scheduled ride every Tuesday night leaving at 6 pm from the Carverton Road access by the gas line and all skill levels are welcome

Thanks
    NEPMTBA
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I wll be up there on a Wed., so I won't be able to catch a group ride; the invite is appreciated though. Looking forward to riding somewhere new and it sounds like you folks do some quality work up there.