Tough Guy Extraordinaire

Flat Singletrack North of Philly

I'm looking for some flat and mild single track north of Philly. I would like to find a place to take my 4 year old some. He rips it up on the road and likes to jump and I want to get him in the woods. Only issue is, he can't/won't really put up with much climbing.

Thinking Betzwood, but I am not sure of the access there right now.

Anyone have any ideas on somewhere fun that he would be jazzed about?

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    not sure how far north you'd like to go, but in the lehigh valley area there's jordan parkway (http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...5_4573crx.aspx) i like to take people there that don't like hills (me) and who don't want super technical stuff. valley mountain bikers have taken the kids out on some of the trails the last two years for "take a kid mountainbiking" and the kids looked like they had a blast.

Hail Satin!
    Don't forget core creek park. Its pretty tame. Its right off of RT1 (the boulevard to you Philly people) There a few log crossings and a few bridges. Perfect for beginners. I like to go there and just drop the seat post and pop it into the big ring and play 4x.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmack
    Thinking Betzwood, but I am not sure of the access there right now.
    Betzwood is cool for a short little 45 minute ride. Actually it would probably be perfect for the little guy. Nothing really technical about it except the one log ride but other then that its fine. I live in Norristown so I jump on the bike path and ride out to Betzwood all the time. Its always open to the public. Nobody ever really on the trail either.

I'm not sure why their isn't any reviews on the place in the stickies either.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    Thanks for the info! I will likely check them all out!