Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally...

[I.Do.My.Own.Stunts.]

Finally...

Hey guys! I finally made my own name on here. Go me! Haha. Justin and I rode today at Geisinger and on our second round, I flipped out over the handlebars on a small log drop and knocked the wind out of myself and I stoved my right hand pretty good. I can still type but it hurts like hell! Oh well I suppose, as Justin tells me, "You play, you pay."

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Nice first post gal, very nice.

sounds like you made a great deposit into the Bank of Pain, recover quickly and well!

Gravity's Gone
    That's right - Go you. Nice handle. Fits you like a glove.

The Krazy Never Die
    yes i must agree.... fits her very well !!!! it was about time she got banged up ... Ive been doing enough ( BAD ) crashes for the majority of us on the PA forum
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

post hijack but where are the Geisinger trails - reason I ask

is my gf and I were at 7 Tubs for the blue loop both yesterday and today and when we driving past the Geisinger Center we saw a mountain biker come down off the hill and cross the highway. Or are you referring to a different Geisinger??? I've seen Geisinger mentioned numerous times on this forum but just assumed it was in a different part of PA. Are there any trail maps? Good luck with your hand, injuries suck ....

Did you ever have ham?
    Quote Originally Posted by nepanite
    is my gf and I were at 7 Tubs for the blue loop both yesterday and today and when we driving past the Geisinger Center we saw a mountain biker come down off the hill and cross the highway. Or are you referring to a different Geisinger??? I've seen Geisinger mentioned numerous times on this forum but just assumed it was in a different part of PA. Are there any trail maps? Good luck with your hand, injuries suck ....

The Geisinger trails referred to are behind Geisinger in Danville. How did you two enjoy the Tubs?
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

The Krazy Never Die
    yeah the geisinger we refer to is behind geisinger medical center in danville about 3 miles off interstate 80. its one of moto's favorite places to ride especially that first initial climb up the jeep road.
    Last edited by KrazyKessler; 05-18-2010 at 11:10 AM.
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

[I.Do.My.Own.Stunts.]
    Ohh... I love the jeep road! LOL... NOT!! I'm starting to be able to do most of it though, but I need to stop and take a few small breaks at some places on the last half of it. I'm getting better though, I think. It's just those downhills that I'm starting to go a little faster down that are starting to kick my ass. I've spilled both times we were out this week. First time was Thursday when I hit a tree with my pinky finger and flipped the bike. And the second was today, of course, when I messed up my hand.
    EAT... SLEEP... BIKE...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

... and if we just ... Re: Tubs

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    The Geisinger trails referred to are behind Geisinger in Danville. How did you two enjoy the Tubs?
    We've only been there a few times but the Tubs is becoming one of our fav places to ride. I think we both like the fact that there is a loop as opposed to an out and back type trail. We also love the side trails near the front of the entrance (outside the gate) but have not found the way to loop onto the blue loop off of them.

Re: Geisinger - thanks, I;ve been wondering where that was for a while now.

Did you ever have ham?

Finally...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKessler
    yeah the geisinger we refer to is behind geisinger medical center in danville about 3 miles of interstate 80. its one of moto's favorite places to ride especially that first initial climb up the jeep rode.
    Yes, it is true...I do love the Jeep road!!! Let's not forget that real fun downhill section...I think that was responsible for a few more gray hairs...LOL!!! I definitely want to get down there again. Great, challenging ride made even more special by the outstanding locals. I am glad you got your own screen name, Heather...be careful out there!!!

The Krazy Never Die
    little update heather and i are currently sitting at geisingers emergency room. its 1:05 AM tuesday morning. the back of her hand is swollen to twice its normal size and her palm is black and blue. wish her luck as she may end up being outta commission for a few weeks
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

The Krazy Never Die
    ok. they say its not broke but im gonna work on uploding the pic here in a few minutes
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

The Krazy Never Die
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Did you ever have ham?
    I hope everything works out well for you and you recover and get back on the trails quickly!!!

The Krazy Never Die
    im planning on a ride for her and i on thursday but i dont think shes gonna be able to hold onto the handlebars
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

wounded knee
    OUCH!
    That looks like my hand when I broke my wrist, thats a lot of swelling for it not being broke, glad it's not broke, hopefully the swelling will go down in a day or 2, if not I would get it re-xrayed.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Blue Pig
    Wait till she smashes her knee. Everyone smashes their knee and if none of you haven't just wait! :P
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

The Krazy Never Die
    oh ive smashed my knee time and time again !!! i dont think heather has yet shes usually good for beating up her hands and fingers
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Blue Pig
    She isn't a woman till she smashes her knee! You're gonna have to get her to ride faster down hills. :P j/k!

[I.Do.My.Own.Stunts.]
    Lol yeah, you're funny! I went faster this time than I usually go and look what happened... I possibly have a broken hand.

Update: Went to the doctor today, they looked at my X-rays from Geisinger's ER and said that there are no known fractures at this time but they want to X-ray again in 1 week because of all the initial swelling they aren't able to see clearly if it's broken or not. But I am now in a half-cast to immobilize it. Doctor said if it's not broken it's severely sprained. On the bright side, they gave me Percocet... Wow! Lol I feel great!

Thanks for the concern and get well wishes!

And P.S. I did hit my knee pretty good... It's black and blue also, as well as my thigh and elbow.
    EAT... SLEEP... BIKE...

Blue Pig
    On the bright side, they gave me Percocet... Wow! Lol I feel great!
    LOL.

And P.S. I did hit my knee pretty good... It's black and blue also, as well as my thigh and elbow.
    You are woman! g/j!

Gravity Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKessler
    ouch! that looks painful gurlfriend.
    Girlz rool Boyz drool.

The Krazy Never Die
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherHell
    On the bright side, they gave me Percocet... Wow! Lol I feel great!

and to think she works as a pharmacy technician and she gets all excited about good pain medications.

but on the bright side for me she don't complain about it hurting as much anymore
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

[I.Do.My.Own.Stunts.]
    UPDATE: Went to the doctor Wednesday and took more X-rays.. hand is fractured. But it's not bad enough to full cast it so I'm in another half cast for 2 weeks. I cried at the doctors office when they told me it was broke. When the doctor asked why I was crying I said, "because now I can't ride!" By the time I get back on my bike I'm gunna suck and my biggest fear is that I just got to the point where I can pretty much make it up the jeep road only stopping at 2 spots for a few minutes to rest and now I'm afraid I won't be able to even do that. Oh well' I guess. =(
    EAT... SLEEP... BIKE...

wounded knee
    Sorry to hear it was fractured, but to be honest I suspected that, just looking at the picture of your hand.
    Do you have, or can you borrow a stationary bike? I know it's not the same but it will build up and help you keep your endurance level while you cant ride.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast