A Few Lame Photos of Sunday Morning at Rattling Creek

Woke at 5 this morning and debated for 2 hours whether to make the hour long trip to Rattling Creek, knowing that it had rained overnight, with possibly much more on the way. I’d planned to go there all week, and was going to be totally bummed to bail on it. After multiple doppler radar checks, I decided to go, and arrived at 8:00. The top of the mountain was enveloped in fog; all of the foliage was covered in rain, spent the ride completely soaked, it was an amazing morning to have the place completely to myself. Rode: Rocks Ridge / Wolf Pond / Shale Run / Fawn Kill / Doc’s / Rat Cr Trail / Dry Run / Matter. I think roughly 16 miles, not exactly sure? It was the best ride this spring, there are few places I'd rather ride than Rattling Creek. The rock gardens were greasy as hell, but the trails were firm. Having skipped work Friday to ride Roaring Creek, Rattling Creek was the perfect follow-up. Wish I had some decent photos, but…….

Photo's are: Hang glider launch / Wolf Pond / Fawn Kill (I think)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Few Lame Photos of Sunday Morning at Rattling Creek-img_6876.jpg  

A Few Lame Photos of Sunday Morning at Rattling Creek-img_6879.jpg  

A Few Lame Photos of Sunday Morning at Rattling Creek-img_6887.jpg  

Last edited by jonz; 05-23-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Did you ever have ham?

A Few Lame Photos of Sunday Morning at

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. If I could offer one piece of advice it would be to include some creepy bike pics...LOL!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Moto - I missed my best creepy photo opportunity, and I'm so disappointed:
    I was driving home from Rat Creek, I was on Rt 11 about halfway between Northumberland and Danville, ie -- no mans land. Walking along the highway is this grown man dressing in some sort of super-hero costume, head to toe, complete with face mask. Ironmen maybe?? Not sure, I'm not really into comics. He was carrying some sort of satchel with a large American flag. I Don't think it was Nanker or Wyatt????

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    nice job J.

i want to get out there again this year, i'm betting it's a beauty when nice and green, but I must admit I think it'll be a wee more pleasant with a bit less moisture. :P

mtbr member

Rattling Creek...

....yes....haven't been there yet this year.....gotta get there soon....will be there for the BASH in September....still time to register...pile of us going for the riding and camping.....last photo looks like a spot on "Fawn Kill"....Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jonz187
    I was driving home from Rat Creek, I was on Rt 11 about halfway between Northumberland and Danville, ie -- no mans land. Walking along the highway is this grown man dressing in some sort of super-hero costume, head to toe, complete with face mask. Ironmen maybe?? Not sure, I'm not really into comics. He was carrying some sort of satchel with a large American flag. I Don't think it was Nanker or Wyatt????
    Hey!!! I resent,( because I may resemble ) that comment...........

ride more
    Mar 2007
    sounds like a nice ride btw.

Did you ever have ham?

A Few Lame Photos of Sunday Morning at Rattling Creek

Quote Originally Posted by jonz187
    Thanks!!! Now I can't shake the disturbing image of Wyatt and Nanker dressed up as the dynamic duo....at least the rubber suit didn't have nipples...LOL!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

The Krazy Never Die
    jonz- Just for the record he was dressed as superman !!!! i saw him last year and the day i saw him he was on the news he walks around in that costume everyday caring that flag. if im not mistaken something to do with supporting the troops. quite the site if you get to see it though lol
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN