mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Fat bike shops in PA?

Anybody know of a shop that sells fat bikes that might also be a ski/board shop?

Looking for a shop where I can trade some snowboard gear in on a fat bike.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I think if you just find ANY shop that sells bikes and snow gear, then the likelihood of them having a QBP account should be high, so they can order you a Surly or Salsa even if they aren't a dealer of either of those two.

If it were me, I'd probably try to sell the snowboard gear on Craigslist. Probably get more money than on trade in

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    I think if you just find ANY shop that sells bikes and snow gear, then the likelihood of them having a QBP account should be high, so they can order you a Surly or Salsa even if they aren't a dealer of either of those two.
    Actually that's not true with Salsa's, not sure about Surly. One of the LV shops called about ordering me a Mukluk and they were told they couldn't order one even though they have a QBP acct.

I do have a CL ad for the snow gear.

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    in the lehigh valley you can try bike line to order a bike (610-437-6100 ask for bob) but they don't trade snowboard stuff, only sell it. you could try selling stuff at buckmans when they have their used snow gear sale (but they might have already had it for this year)

mtbr member
    not sure what the have, but Peterson Ski & Cycle in Mt Pocono may have what you need.
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_guy View Post
    Actually that's not true with Salsa's, not sure about Surly. One of the LV shops called about ordering me a Mukluk and they were told they couldn't order one even though they have a QBP acct.

I do have a CL ad for the snow gear.
    You can definitely order Salsa bikes thru QBP. The caveat is QBP orders take a backseat to Salsa dealer orders when stock is low. I had a Vaya on pre order thru QBP at a non-Salsa dealer but switched to a Surly LHT. Similarly, I've bought a Pugsley, Ogre, and Big Dummy thru QBP via a non-Surly dealing LBS.

I should point out that the Pugsley was a 2011 complete in the first shipment of complete Pugsleys. QBP is usually good like that

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Rothrock Outfitters near Allegrippis has Mukluks in stock, and also rents them by the day
    not eastern Pa, I know, but you can check all sizes with them right in the store.

Also, a friend has a 20" Pugs that is new and wants to sell it right... pm me if interested.

Jim

mtbr member
    To order Salsa you have to be the regional sales shop. Not everyone can get them. Like CK-qbp or bti have them, but to order you need your CK authorization # or some BS. They won't sell it to you even though you're a shop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    REI can get surlys and is a ski/board shop but dont do trade ins
    Last edited by avbcon12; 11-09-2012 at 07:40 AM.