mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Fall season at HCGA

Wayne and I are going to pedal at our place tomorrow, Saturday, at around 2pm. It will be a rock riding play kind of ride hitting the rocks at the Fat Dog/Highnoon intersection, 8 mile rock, maybe 5 and Kirby for sure. Pedaling will be a get from place to place to play kind of pace. Anyone that wants to join feel free to come on over.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Had a great day of riding yesterday that ended with a fantastic rock ride at the land. Wayne, Mark, Jake and I played on both sets of Highnoon/Fat dog rocks then up to Mono Rock and several lines there. Everyone put in suggestions and found cool alternate lines. Looks like there will be a new curving ramp and a stump skinny.

There are a bunch of pictures and videos posted on the Race the Rocks group on Facebook so give them a look

We are pretty booked with BMER events through September so I'm thinking of two weekend days in October for rides/parties at HCGA. Lets know if we have enough interest in a ride and pot luck day or two in October.

mtbr member
    Wish I could have made it yesterday. I will be looking forward to whatever you guys plan. I love riding your place. I kicks my ass, but I love it anyway

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I'm willing to ribbon a few gate trials sections with beginner, inter, and Ex lines, so we can have a fun day!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That would be cool to lay out a course and have the group check each other

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes, but for fun, no pressure, good learning experience!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes just for fun

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So how does October 12 and 26 sound for ride days at HCGA. The usual pot luck and such to end the day. Maybe get Lee to ribbon off some trials lines for a group or two to play on for bragging rights.

Let me know if those dates sound good. I will be at the CCC on the 19th.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Three quick things

1. I'm heading up to our place to start work on the stump skinnies. I should be there by 5 or a touch earlier. I also have Friday off and will be working on them then too.

2. I have a tracking number for the shirt order. They will get here early next week. I'll get them out as quick as possible.

3. I am pretty sure I am doing a rock ride again Sunday around 2pm, anyone interested in joining me?

mtbr member
    Sunday should be good.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Great fun today, thanks guys...
    ...my cousin had a blast and the little Honda had fun too

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had a great ride Sunday. It seemed like everyone had a good day after a while the group broke into rock riders and XC riders. I'll have to frame off the Moto and Mt bike crossings like I said this year to make it easier to identify the difference. It was a good day to be out and quick thanked to all that pedaled and made it a fun day.

mtbr member
    As always,had a great day riding at HCGA..There is always something and somebody that pushes you harder when riding in Hunlock's...The guys must have grown a couple more rocks since the last ride up there,they seem to have gotten a little bigger also.Awesome trails and obstacles,and even better riding companions..Thanks again for the invite..

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The race shirt order is here and I have most of them to those that ordered them. Gary and Bryan's go out in the mail in the morning. I will have the rest with me tonight at the Moon.

Some others have asked if I have exrtras, unfortunately I don't die to the per shirt cost. I don't even have one for myself, my ordering mistake. I have around 5 or 6 that want one and I need to meet the 10 minimum. If I can get to 10 I will do another order. Let me know if anyone is interested. They are $60 per shirt and they are real racing jerseys wit sublaminated graphics, three pockets and a half length zipper. They are pretty sweet and it is hard to beat the price for a real racing jersey.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thursday night is a leaf blowing night at our place. As many people we can get will get the trails cleared and ready for Saturday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Well Saturday is almost here, we will ride at out place this weekend. Then we will do our usual pot luck party after the ride. Brian is bringing a bunch of apples and an apple press to make cider. Jimmie and I will build the bonfire tomorrow night and we'll do our fall hay ride too. It should be a good night. I will put up the showers so after the ride you can cleaned up and warm up. BYOB as usual. It should be a great day

mtbr member
    What time are you looking to get started with the ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    A lot of work was done last night. Dave Kuhl and Schwabie cleared a bunch of trail of leaves last night. Then Ronnie went out and with his helmet light on and cleared a whole bunch more trails of leaves. Ed and Lee worked on a new trail with helmet lights too. Jimmy cleaned the fire pit and we will build the fire for Saturday night. Brian dug up two cast iron wood burners and they will replace the old burn barrels. They should throw some serious heat. Ray has sources a section of old chimney the he is going to make into a fireplace. That should complete the keep warm and throw heat at the pavilion once it is done.

Rides can start going out around noon, I'm thinking I should be back on the horse but I will wait till tomorrow to make that decision.

My wife is making carne esata. It should be a good day for a ride and party. The usual pot luck and BYOB

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I'll be there early tuning mtbr trail...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey guys can't make it to all the fun. Have some family things I need to take care of.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Thanks to everyone at HCGA who made this one of the best ever times, all the food and the work done to the trails for the scary hayride was amazing! Hanging out with everyone was SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!