mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Fair Hill, MD Poker Run

Yes folks, that's right. Time for the 11th annual Delaware Trailspinners Poker Run at Fair Hill Natural Resources Management Area, Cecil County, Maryland on Saturday 28 June 2008.

Registration starts at 0800 and ends at 1100. Prizes awarded at 1300 (that's 1:00 PM).

Once again we will feature almost all the trails incorporated into the Fair Hill Race (July 13th, if you must know). We will have several loops of varying lengths trimmed, marked, and ready for your wheels to ride. The actual layout is still awaiting final touches, but a map should be up on our website in the next day or 2. Expect loops anywhere from 3 to 25 miles.

Several vendors will also be there (list still being finalized).

So, if you always wanted to ride Fair Hill but were afraid you would get lost (really people, it's not that big !), now is your chance.

Click here: http://www.trailspinners.org/2008_Po...lor[1].pdf

for the flyer and info.

As I said, no map yet, but look for it very soon at www.trailspinners.org.

$15.00 includes the park entrance fee, the ride, and prizes for the best poker hands (draw your cards after the ride). All proceeds are returned to your trails and the organizations that maintain them.

If you have any questions, post here...

Hope to see you there.

The Delaware Trail Spinners is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the sport of mountain biking. All benefits from this event are returned to the local trails and environmental charities. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to the individuals and businesses who have donated money and prizes to support these events. And a special thanks to the staff of Fair Hill NRMA for their cooperation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Hmmmm

I am planning a White Clay trip on Sunday, I think Fair Hill is pretty close?

I'm thinking a cool double header weekend, any decent hotels somewhere between the two? Yeah I know I can do a search, but last time I did that the hotel was a dump. So I'm thinking some local suggestions may help?

Thanks.
    Mike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WindWalker
    I am planning a White Clay trip on Sunday, I think Fair Hill is pretty close?

I'm thinking a cool double header weekend, any decent hotels somewhere between the two? Yeah I know I can do a search, but last time I did that the hotel was a dump. So I'm thinking some local suggestions may help?

Thanks.
    Fairhill is like 7 miles away from Whiteclay.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    There are a ton of decent hotels in the local area due to the University of Delaware. For the budget concious I'd pick the Sleep Inn on 896, its clean quiet and located next to the TGIFridays as well as two other hotels. If you want more suggestions message me and I will give you my cell #.

Eric

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    BUMP, for a fun day of riding!!!

mtbr member
    Lookin forward to it. Bump.