mtbr member
    Apr 2004

fair hill etc..., delaware conditions

is it going to be slop on sunday or are the trails ridable down there????

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    By Sunday they should be mostly OK. Not much rain last night at all. Very windy today. I rode the doubletrack today on a cx bike and glanced at the singletrack. It was rideable barely. By tomorrow it should be OK. Even better by Monday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    What are you kidding. By monday, the temps would have warmed up and the trails will be a mess. Ride when the ground is frozen, stay off when it is warm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

thought so....

i rode wis this am before the thaw.....

the thaw yesterday and the day before killed the trails....frickin pisses me off to see people rutting them up like that.....they should know better.

maybe next weekend in DEL.
    L8R

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sorry. I wasn't trying to lead anyone astray.

We rode the singletrack trail by the river near the yellow bridge while riding CX bikes mostly on the doubletrack, and it was fine on Saturday. Higher up trails would have been better. Frozen trails, of course, would have been better still.

That's what I was basing my assessment on.

This time of year, the trees begin sucking up huge amounts of water.

I did say Monday should be better conditions. I chose to ride the road today.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jomissa
    i rode wis this am before the thaw.....

the thaw yesterday and the day before killed the trails....frickin pisses me off to see people rutting them up like that.....they should know better.

maybe next weekend in DEL.
    L8R

Yeh, I have been ridding the wis in the mornings and you can see the ruts that have been put in trails. When frozen, the trails are great. One thing you can almost guarantee is that when it is 15-20 in the morning, you will have the trail to yourself!