http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/0...ny-kornheiser/

Listen to this and boycott ESPN I say.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by onegeargood
    http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/0...ny-kornheiser/

Listen to this and boycott ESPN I say.
    Sent my not nice at all comment in.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Link to leave a comment w/ ESPN: http://www.espn980.com/info/contact_us.php
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    i totally agree with him. i have zero patience for road riders except for the very few who actually show some respect for the cars on the road. also not sure what this has to do with pennsylvania? maybe because they use the word pennsylvania in the clip.

ganginwood
    Quote Originally Posted by micro224
    i have zero patience for road riders except for the very few who actually show some respect for the cars on the road.
    careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Left a short note, just didn't like his advocating cyclists being targets of road rage ? I also told him to look up the league of American wheelman. Since he didn't seem to be aware that cyclists literally paved the way(roads) for the car.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Some Roadies suck!

and Motos are "WAY FASTER" anyways!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ride
    Brrraaappppppp

my church is the woods

F tony kornholeheiser

I was thinking the same thing as tony kornholeheiser these past few days while riding my road bike, commuting to and from work. I thought "boy do I suck! I'm all smug and fit, with my shiny outfit and stupid hat.. someone should run me down because I'm out here offending all these drivers.I should be more apathetic and just sit back and burn off some saudi gold, dammit, cause' real men burn oil, and lots of it !!!"

Blue Pig
    Meh, made my post short and sweet.

[SIZE="6"]THIS GUY IS FULL OF ENVY![/SIZE]
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

dwt
    mtbr member
    i totally agree with him. i have zero patience for road riders except for the very few who actually show some respect for the cars on the road. also not sure what this has to do with pennsylvania? maybe because they use the word pennsylvania in the clip.
    As a roadie, I have zero patience with ignorant f***s who don't understand the law. What Cornhole doesn't get is that PA - as well as virtually every state in the US - has a law which gives cyclists the legal RIGHT to be on the road.

Somehow these fat ass coach potatoes think: a) only cars have a right to be on the here; b) they have some god given right to get where they want to go as fast as possible; and c) they are so important that everyone else in the world has to get out of their way so they can.

This is PA law:
    Section 3501. Applicability of traffic laws to pedalcycles.
    (a) General rule. -- Every person riding a pedalcycle upon a roadway shall be granted all of the rights and shall be subject to all of the duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle by this title, except as to special provisions in this subchapter and except as to those provisions of this title which by their nature can have no application.
    Granted, cyclists also have to obey the rules of the road, and granted that many cyclists make stupid, arrogant moves all the time. Just like drivers. Do I see a pattern? Oh, yeah, they're both human and can be self-centered *****.

Too bad Cornhole doesn't live in Boise Idaho, he'd be a candidate to get that fat ass thrown in jail:

It shall be a misdemeanor for any person, maliciously and with the specific intent to intimidate or harass or cause another person to crash, stumble, or fall because that other person is walking along the roadway or operating a bicycle along the roadway, to:
    A. threaten, by word or act, to cause physical injury to the pedestrian or bicyclist, or
    B. throw or otherwise expel any object at or in the direction of the pedestrian or bicyclist.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    One more time what does this have to do with Pennsylvania?

dwt
    mtbr member
    Take the rest of the day off and go for a ride.

And no more coffee
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ummm, the more people that see it the better. What no one listens to his show in PA? Come on dude, really. Get your head out of your arse. Somebody posted it here for our information and I am glad they did, so I posted direct links. Someday maybe, just maybe you will find your self on the road and realize why this is a big deal.

Did you ever have ham?

F Tony Kornheiser!

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    Left a short note, just didn't like his advocating cyclists being targets of road rage ? I also told him to look up the league of American wheelman. Since he didn't seem to be aware that cyclists literally paved the way(roads) for the car.
    Well said, Wyatt! I don't appreciate his stance and I do not advocate road rage...even though sometimes it might be justified! However, I can also relate to the anger some drivers are feeling. I grew up in the Lehigh Valley and I have seen, far too often, a group of road riders that hog the entire lane of the road and refuse to move. The roads are there for everyone to use. I don't want this to sound like I am just picking on roadies, I have seen a lot of people using roads irresponsibly...that also goes for trails!

Bottom line is that people should understand that others have to use roads and trails and everyone is required to obey the law...but more importantly, in my opinion, is that people should show more respect and courtesy for one another!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    On the opposite side of the spectrum is this article released today. Federal DOT is putting bicyclists and pedestrians on equal footing w/ cars. So to get Fed funding for road projects bikes, peds, and cars must be considered and planned for. The way it should be, and the way it should have been.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/03...icy-statement/

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pspwesty
    Ummm, the more people that see it the better. What no one listens to his show in PA? Come on dude, really. Get your head out of your arse. Somebody posted it here for our information and I am glad they did, so I posted direct links. Someday maybe, just maybe you will find your self on the road and realize why this is a big deal.
    oh see my mistake was thinking people visited more than the Pennsylvania section of this site....

Did you ever have ham?

F Tony Kornheiser!

oh see my mistake was thinking people visited more than the Pennsylvania section of this site....
    It's a common mistake since they teach incorrect science in school. PA is really the center of the universe....everything revolves around us. It couldn't have anything to do with my belly's gravitational pull...or could it! This should be posted for every state in the union so it is opened up to debate for everyone involved in cycling. It absolutely belongs in the PA forum and every other regional forum, too!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

How about when then Gov Tom Ridge rode bicycles on RT 84 and claimed it would be a bike route soon, as would other highways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess being appointed Homeland Security czar ended any chance I had of riding right next to vehicles going MACH 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

ride

Did you ever have ham?

F Tony Kornheiser!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    How about when then Gov Tom Ridge rode bicycles on RT 84 and claimed it would be a bike route soon, as would other highways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess being appointed Homeland Security czar ended any chance I had of riding right next to vehicles going MACH 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

ride
    POLITICIANS LIE!!!! Mach 4, that sucks my truck is electronically governed at Mach 2.75!!!

ganginwood
    armstrong's interview with kornheiser
    here
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member

Respect for each other.....

....well said by MotoMan.....any advocating for intolerance or violence for minor differences is only adding to problems.....we live in a great society...for many reasons but tolerance of others differences is one of the main reasons.....
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........