Thread: EWR is back.

mtbr member

EWR is back.

I'm surprised no one has posted anything in the PA site so far since they are a true made in Pennsylvania "cult" ride with a strong tie to Jim Thorpe.

Here is the link.

www.ewrbikes.com

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Actually....................

Rev,
    Been a TON posted here. Look a little farther back on here.

Anyway....Does Doug (Bikebreath on here) still have his blue E-Motion?

Last time that I saw you guys was at the second to the last MTB Weekend up at J.T., PA!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member

No idea

I haven't seen Doug since the last JTMBW nor heard from him.

PS: Sorry I'm behind the curve on the EWR thing......

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Def. didn't intend my response as a "jab". Not in the least. :-)
    Just glad to see that someone (especially someone that I'm familiar with) is showing interest at the fact that EWR is back. I'm excited as well!
    More of a..."Just check back a little ways and there's some info. here that will fill you in on what's been goin' on.."

Shame that you haven't heard from Doug. I know that he posted his bike photo on an old EWR thread a few years back. In front of a HUGE pile of boat chain if I remember correctly! An E-Motion, I think.

So, Rev., what are you riding these days? A Chameleon I think? Or, a dually? Can't remember from Thorpe.
    Anyway...Nice to see a post from you! Maybe I'll put out a "Calling Bikebreath" post on the PA/DE boards or over on VRC. Maybe he's just not into it anymore. Or, maybe someone who knows him will see the post and let him know. I just hope that Doug's OK and doing well.

Eric
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member

So, what's going on with me?

Well, the Chameleon frame is hanging in the basement less parts. I mostly ride a Trance these days and sometimes the IF hardtail. The truth is we just bought a condo at the Jersey shore so I'll be riding my road bike more than ever this coming season and may get in 30 + days surfing for a change.

I did not ride Jim Thorpe at all last season but hope to get back this year. While I'm very attracted to the EWR just because I got to ride Jay's bike years ago and always was drawn to the company, I really can't justify yet another frame when the Chameleon just needs some parts to be up and running. The Chameleon makes four bikes which is plenty for anyone even if we like to think the perfect number of bikes is always one more than we currently own. (not my idea, something I read on MTBR).

Here's hoping Dave B. actually brings off a 25th anniversary JTMBW as he mentioned in June. Now, that would be cool and maybe Bikebreath and his EWR would surface from his Baltimore abode.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Dirt Rag Article

Dirt Rag talks to Jay about the new bikes:

http://www.dirtragmag.com/web/articl...ory2=freshdirt
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have seen the frames. I saw one having finish work and alignment done to it, and another still in the jig.

mtbr member

new EWR frames lined up

They are coming..... This pic was taken last friday the 11th.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain