Thread: Ewing, NJ

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Ewing, NJ

I'm going to be in Ewing NJ in a couple of weeks for about a week. Any suggestion on ridgin places?

stumpjumper2008
    On the Pa side, the closest good ride I think would be Tohickon in Bucks County. Most people park at the "High Rocks" parking lot of Ralph Stover state park.

I think there are some trails at Core Creek Park as well which would be closer but Tohickon is a good ride with a great view...

Inbred Homebrewer
    High Rocks is my local ride, but it's ~ 40 min drive from Ewing. Granted, it's *can* be a very scenic drive if you go the right way, but it might be farther than you want to go for a ~ 7 mi semi-technical loop.

If you want something a little closer, Mercer County Park (near Quaker Bridge) has some very fun, twisty singletrack and is easy to get to from Ewing via I-95/295.

I ride at High Rocks at least a couple times a week on my way home after work. If you have lights and want to check it out, post a note here when you get to town.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I work in Ewing, NJ and live in Lambertville, NJ. I'm new to the area, but have been to Washington's Crossing Park which has some trails and the adjacent BaldPate Mountain which has some good climbing and rocky downhill Also, Core Creek Park is another riding area that is close. All of these riding spots are within 15 minutes from Ewing. PM me and let me know what days you're going to be here as I'm always up for a ride.

Clint