mtbr member

Escape From Granogue race #2 terrain

Just wondering,

Does anyone know what the terrain is like @ Escape From Granogue race #2 of MASS at Montchannin, DE? Is it a Hardtail course or primarily a Full Sus course?

Also, what is a good tire selection if the conditions are dry?

Thanks for the info!!!

mtbr member
    Hardtail. Mainly smooth and rolling conditions, with the occasional rocky section. A nice climb is at the end (the corn field). Not long, but after finishing a lap, you see this climb to get to the finish line. It's very steep at the top. Tipically you'll see most of the beg. walking the top, half of the sport, and a few experts. It's not too bad normally, but in a race it sucks cause it's at the end. LarryFahn

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i love a good climb at the end of a race

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

How does it compare to . . . ?

Middle Run . . . Fair Hill . . . Blue Marsh . . . .French Creek.? What area trail is Granogue most similar to in regards to terrain? I'd love to hear from more people who have raced at Granogue. If it is only open for this one race per year, how are the trails? I would imagine they would be pretty overgrown and covered with grass.

I don't know about the rest of you in the MASS series, but the French Creek race completely trashed my bike. Rob Allen, from Spinner's Cycling (in Leola, PA) is still re-building basically everything on my bike that spins or pivots. I thought it was fun to race in the mud at French Creek, until I found out how much damage I did to my bike. Oh well, thats racing, I guess.

mtbr member
    It's hard to compare with another race imo. It has some smooth spots that remind me of blue marsh. Like the part of BM along the side of the road... Flat, smooth and fast. There was an off camber, rocky, rooty section that I remember. It wasn't long though. The course was mint. It wasn't grown in or anything.