poormtnbkr
    Sep 2007

Erie carpool to 7 springs, anyone interested 9/27?

I am going to head down to Seven Springs bike park this Saturday and I am wondering if there is anybody from the Erie area interested in going. I plan on making a full day of it and heading out early enough to be ready to ride when the chair starts. This will be the first time I have ever been there. I have been to Plattekill about two years ago and I guess I am an advanced rider. I am looking for anybody that has interest in going down though, It seems like a real waste of gas to go alone. I can't wait to ride there, I have been waiting all summer to ride Wester PA's own bikepark.

Either PM me with your contact info or respond in the forum and we will try to get some plans made.

Any advice people want to give about the place would be great too. anything, where to park, where to ride, where to eat, whatever.
    Keep Your Scene Tight!
    Grow your trails long not wide.

Nice no rass
    Park up top at Tahoe Lodge. When coming up Countyline rd to 7S, turn in the North gate entrance (if it's open). Drive to the North Parking lot and look for the road in the back left corner that continues uphill to Tahoe Lodge. Pick a spot in the grass near the 6 person lift and unload. Ride down, get your pass. You can ride down the bike park because nobody ever checks passes. If for some strange reason they actually are, tell them your intent to go down and buy passes. It's cool, no problem.

Pack a lunch and water. Nothing is open near the lift for food. You'd have to secure your bike (nowhere to do that) and go into the hotel to eat.

We always park up top so we can ride to/from the cars for food & water breaks. Besides, 7S food is not so good and way overpriced.

There's only a few trails. Rock n Roll beginner, 007 Intermediate, Upper EC1 intermediate, Superconnector Expert and Lower EC1 expert. But they are good enough to keep you having fun 11-5.

Enjoy, it's a blast.
    Last edited by Too Rass Goat; 09-22-2008 at 04:32 PM.

mtbr member
    i wish...i dont think i can swing it this year with new baby. Keep in touch and we will definitely need to get some northern carpools together next spring. i am an easy stop off just above i-80. Just out of curiosity what times would you go if you are heading down? Like i said i dont think i can swing it but if i know the specific times....maybe just maybe.
    Chance favors the prepared mind