Disc Golfin Mountainbiker

Erie Bluffs SP and other thoughts

Anybody know anything about this newly aquired State Park that is siting there (just like 6 mile creek park)? Any trails in there to bike or anything worth building? I'd like to see some more places to bike in Erie and hopefully get a fairly large group together to start building some trails and show the townships, city and county that trails are needed.

Anybody with me, or are most of yinz lazy and just want to ride what others provide for you? I'm all for riding what others have built, but without having multiple places to ride, we'll be traveling long distances to ride trails instead of riding potentially great trails nearby.

Once again.... I'd really like to see at least 1 Disc Golf Course in Erie! (and NO... Duck Run isn't a Disc Golf Course. It's more like a putt-putt course, which I'll still play due to lack of anything in this behind the times 'city'.)

HopHeads, Unite!
    Contact DCNR and find out who is in charge of it and if there are any development plans in the works. Mtn bikers got in on the ground floor at Swatara State Park and did some good things there. One of the things we did was essentially catalogue what kind of trails/roads etc. were existing on the property--spent a winter bushwhacking and GPSing everything we could find. That was handed over to DCNR and they worked it into their Master Plan for the park and the go-ahead was given to build trails. We also did a couple cleanup days and helped them out. Does wonders for the relationship!

SAMBA has done an awesome job over there, thanks largely to Brian Arnold.

An undeveloped State Park that might have something brewing can be a great opportunity. Definitely worth a few questions.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.