mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Erie: Bayfront Parkway Bike Path?

I live by the airport and wanted to ride the Bayfront Parkway Bike Path from there all the way out to I-90 and 430 and back. Anyone ever done it? How is it riding through the ghetto?

poormtnbkr
    Sep 2007
    Go for it. The scenery is interesting the whole way whether its "pretty" or not. In my opinion this would be a great ride. The paved trail is new and smooth with some good rolling terrain.
    Keep Your Scene Tight!
    Grow your trails long not wide.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Hey Guys:

Coming out to Erie this October to Steelhead fish and Mt Bike

Is this something I should hit while there? How long is it? Miles?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It is all paved and follows the bayfront for awhile. I heard it is around 18 miles from the airport to Behrend, I may be wrong on that though. Once I get a free Saturday morning, I ma going to do it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Hey Guys:

Coming out to Erie this October to Steelhead fish and Mt Bike

Is this something I should hit while there? How long is it? Miles?

Thanks
    Let me know when you will be there. I live in Pittsburgh now, but have lived all but the last year and a half of my life in Erie. We could meet up at Asbury Woods. I am getting married in October but should be able to get away for a day or two during the week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alphado
    I live by the airport and wanted to ride the Bayfront Parkway Bike Path from there all the way out to I-90 and 430 and back. Anyone ever done it? How is it riding through the ghetto?
    The area you ride through on the trail is hardly ghetto. Come ride with me in Pittsburgh sometime and I'll show you ghetto.

I used to live on West 29th and Cascade, and would ride from there all the way up to I 90. I would ride it on a single speed and did just fine.