mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Eastern PA Dirt Jumpers

The riding season is (kind of) just around the corner. I was at the Balto Bike Swap in Westminster, MD this weekend and met up with the OC Racing/Suburban Cycles crew (www.suburbancycles.com). They got me all pumped up on hitting the 495 trails somewhere in southern MD or Northern VA. The place is a county park now so it is no bust, and it won't get plowed. The local trail boss Adam does a ton of work there, and there are killer hip lines, multi-packs, a ripping Dual course and more. He says it might be rideable when frozen conditions are right, but with spring approaching, it might be ripe soon.

So, this got me all pumped. I want to get you guys pumped to ride this spring. There will be some killer riding going down soon enough and there are a ton of spots in the mid-Atlantic that we should all link together. Adam and his crew will be hosting a build and ride session as soon as weather permits. There are a few places here in eastern PA that will be doing the same. Lets use the Forum to really get together and ride. Spring and sweet lips await!

mtbr member
    Yes..Great to hear!. I know the plans at WhiteSox Park here in Plains, Pa, although mainly a BMX park..(Lips are too radical and have demolished many Mountain Bikes last season)..are gearing up for an expansion as well.. We have developed so far at least a mile and a half of trails for Mt. Bike use that run around the main trail area..with permission of course..no worries about getting plowed here as well for the past 9 seasons!

Fun for all..20" 26" 29er.... Just Ride!!

Kevin at Plains Bike

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Plains Bike
    Yes..Great to hear!. I know the plans at WhiteSox Park here in Plains, Pa, although mainly a BMX park..(Lips are too radical and have demolished many Mountain Bikes last season)..are gearing up for an expansion as well.. We have developed so far at least a mile and a half of trails for Mt. Bike use that run around the main trail area..with permission of course..no worries about getting plowed here as well for the past 9 seasons!

Fun for all..20" 26" 29er.... Just Ride!!

Kevin at Plains Bike
    Kev:

Those guys work so hard and it's a great thing you do helping them out. Many people don't know all you do for them purchasing tools, talking with land owners and other things they need. Dennis, Dom, Crazy Steve, Stinky Tom, Corky, Bill Groom, Murph as well as the whole crew are great guys and loads of FUN!

We are very lucky to have great trails not far from your shop.

I'm up for more Mt Bike trails up there also as soon as the weather breaks.

I think you might have started a new category... 29er dirt jumper to go along with my 29er Trials bike!

Woo Hoo!

mtbr member
    What about other DJ areas in Pa? I know of a few... Anyone want to list theirs? I'd love to check out some new ones. If you are afraid of too many people knowing about them, PM me.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

my church is the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn72
    What about other DJ areas in Pa? I know of a few... Anyone want to list theirs? I'd love to check out some new ones. If you are afraid of too many people knowing about them, PM me.

minersville

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006
    Lock Haven (2 seperate trails) and state college.

Good times at all of them.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Between Marietta and Columbia PA there is a public park that has a few.

Best to hit it during the summer when the kids are maintaining it.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn72
    Has anyone expanded on the few jumps/stunts that were originally started (under the hat) at Downingtown Trestle Bridge trails...(not Ted's)? (Now that it is a park and all?)

Just curious.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Has anyone expanded on the few jumps/stunts that were originally started (under the hat) at Downingtown Trestle Bridge trails...(not Ted's)? (Now that it is a park and all?)

Just curious.
    If you're talking about 322, they are gone. If anyone wants to ride when it dries out I have a few stunts with more to come. In Royersford, PM me for details.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Where abouts in State College are the trails? I live about 40 min. from there and have been looking for some good dirt jumps.

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006
    In town almost, near the high school buildings. Directly behind the Weis supermarket building. You may need to look around for a bit for the entrance but it is visible enough, I guess the locals are going to be working hardcore on them this year. That is sweet, this past summer the poor things went by the way side except for a few of us who tried to keep them running.

PM if ya need a few more specifics. Where would you be coming from they maybe closer trails to ya.
    Duffy

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I live right outside Huntingdon. I have a small field so this summer my friends and I are going to try to build a couple jumps, but I still want to find some nice ones around here. Thanks for the info. My dad works up in in the State College area so we may go up some time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Kev:

Those guys work so hard and it's a great thing you do helping them out. Many people don't know all you do for them purchasing tools, talking with land owners and other things they need. Dennis, Dom, Crazy Steve, Stinky Tom, Corky, Bill Groom, Murph as well as the whole crew are great guys and loads of FUN!

We are very lucky to have great trails not far from your shop.

I'm up for more Mt Bike trails up there also as soon as the weather breaks.

I think you might have started a new category... 29er dirt jumper to go along with my 29er Trials bike!

Woo Hoo!
    Lol....Can 29er's Fly??

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Dale's in Bethlehem

Dale's in Bethlehem has been running for a week (though the rain kind of ruins that for now). Everything has been re-clayed on the main 8-pack line, which throws you into the pump track. The 8 Pack is actually 3 lips wide, so you can transfer your little wheels off. The pump track and the outside berm line are next to get re-shaped and clayed over. There are more lines coming, too. Monday's are pretty popular nights, but Dale is there all the time. PM me for details and directions.

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pinnedek0.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Monday 3/24 @ Dale's

Dale's is really shaping up -- there was a ridiculous session there on Friday eve. Monday looks to be the same, and Downhill Dave (from Downingtown) and Ted (from Ted's Backyard) are going to be there, too. Should be killer. Please park @ the Hanoverville Road House (next door to Dale's). Bring a shovel -- he wants to throw some dirt to get the pump track done, as well as ride. The place is 90% rideable, and there are some new lines, too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Big session going down Monday 3/24 from 4 til dark. All new pump track, roller lines, 1/4 pipe, transfers, etc. This one will be epic. Bring a shovel and help dial the pump track, and we'll all be killing it.