The Krazy Never Die

Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride

So the gf "Heather" woke me up this morning asking me if I wanted to go for a bike ride. So we filled the camelback up with water and headed to Geisinger. For the second day in a row I made it up the road without pushing. On our first loop I earned the "bad boyfriend" award for taking her down the Jump Trail. She did very very well on that until we got to the exit onto the road and she caught a root and dumped the bike. On the second loop we got to the top again and I made it up yet again without pushing. This time we took the Bear trail about half way across the mountain we found a golden retriever. Which a guy had us watching for. From there we did the down hill and popped out at the yellow gate and our day was done.

LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

The Krazy Never Die

LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

The Krazy Never Die

LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Wizard of the Trail
    Cool deal. BTW Where is her helmet?
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

wounded knee
    Nice pics, and congrats on making that hill, the last 20 feet is really steep!
    Glad you found the Golden, I'm sure his master was really happy about that.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist262
    Cool deal. BTW Where is her helmet?
    if she's gonna be wreckin .. she should be wearin a helmet !

The Krazy Never Die
    Yea I got to get her a helmet we were talking about it today. She really needs one and Id feel alot better if she had one on. Although I can say I'm very proud of her every time she falls she gets back up and tries it again.
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Gravity's Gone
    The F9 looks good. I made it up there for a few minutes myself this afternoon with what felt like 20 pounds of Easter ham in my gut. I did one quick loop up there then a quick jump session at Hess then headed home before the wife and kids even knew I was gone.
    Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride-100_0478.jpg

Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride-100_0481.jpg

Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride-100_0484.jpg

Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride-100_0491.jpg

Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride-100_0494.jpg

Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride-100_0496.jpg

Did you ever have ham?

Easter Sunday Geisinger Ride

KrazyKessler...that F9 looks sweet!!! Glad you and Heather are able to ride together now. Speaking of Heather... Two thumbs up for her dragging your butt out of bed to go for a ride!!! Nice job on making the hill...that is rough...I hope to be able to make it at least once before the summer is over.

Nanker, how did the suspension handle the landings with that extra 20 pounds of Easter ham in your gut? LMAO!!!! I am glad you were able to get out and ride!!!! Enjoy the rest of your Easter everyone!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

The Krazy Never Die
    Nanker how much harder is it to pedal the big bike up that hill then the smaller one. I made it close on wyatts on my 2nd trip to geisinger even though I have the f9 now to I still wanna get my perp and be able to efficently do the hill. I just don't wanna forget I'll have 2 bikes. But yeah it's much nicer to have a 2nd bike and be able to ride with heather
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKessler
    Nanker how much harder is it to pedal the big bike up that hill then the smaller one.
    It's a lot harder. It's a whole different level of suckage. It's fun if you can get it up there though.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Kessler, with the "big bikes" it's not only the bike weight that is an issue, it's also about bike fit, tire, gearing, and most importantly, rider Stupidity Level.

My big bike works out pretty well up there, even without a granny gear, but it's got fairly lightweight 2.35" tires - not 2.5" downhill Monster Tyres.

For me, the sincerely most difficult bit, is adjusting for the very long and slack fork. Something with adjustable travel or lock-down ( Marzocchi ATA or Totem 2-step ) help a lot.

mtbr member

Riding.....

....definetely and Easter Treat!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

The Krazy Never Die
    Bear . Good point I never would have thought about the tires. The gearing yeah I can understand that part. Rider stupidity level I rank very high on that list. The long fork though I already have issues riding with them that I need to figure out. I've been watchin other ppl with longer travel bikes pedal and I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I "bob" when I pedal longer travel bikes and that's just wasted energy. But I've been watching and have kind of learned to start pedaling in a more fluid motion.
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    My big bike works out pretty well up there, even without a granny gear, but it's got fairly lightweight 2.35" tires - not 2.5" downhill Monster Tyres.

Your big bike?

Gravity's Gone
    Heather needs to get her own MTBR account so we can hear her side of the jump trail incident.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    Your big bike?
    The shiny silver Titus is my "big bike" ( 7" fork, 6.5" rear travel ), my "little bike" that has 29er wheels is fully rigid and 15 lbs lighter so it has an unfair advantage in climbing.

Kessler,

"Spinning circles" - yep - the One Way of Climbing with Big Squish. Riding my FS bike has done more for making me a smooth pedaller than all the road biking I've done in my life.

The Krazy Never Die
    Oh shed be chewin me out on here too. I'll have her make one . She asked me last night if I wanted to go over and ride again today . So if anyone is going to be there say 330 ish let me know or pm me and I'll give you my cell number
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN