mtbr member

Early September Ride...

Sunny, dry, and perfect temperature. Steve, my daughter, and I headed out to ride the "Lower Earth" section of Mountain Top. We ran into Mtn Top regulars Joe W. and Matt B. out on the trails. Great day for a ride. Leaves are starting to fall, especially the popular and beech leaves. Saw 2 separate flocks of turkeys during the ride. In one of the pictures you might just make out the birds, just the necks and heads showing in the undergrowth on a small ridge. Also ran into a few snakes although they were to fast for the camera. Here are a few short vids and pictures from the ride.

Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Nice

Thanks, always enjoy viewing your vids and photos

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Jeff:

Thanks for sharing!

Pre She 8 It

The White Jeff W
    Looks like a great ride! Gobble Gobble!
    No moss...

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Ha, you know when I saw your post on the Passion forum, I could have sworn "places like that and girls don't ride bike like that in PA"

and here you in the PA forum.

I hope that by the time I've got kids, boys or girls, I'm out there riding with them.

trail addict
    Looks like a neat spot. I rode once from a trailhead on Tunnel Rd (I think)-up some singletrack, across an old RR bed and across a pipeline or something, then even higher to a huge wild blueberry patch where you could see for miles in every direction. Do those trails connect with Lower Earth? Or is that a whole different area of Mt Top?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member

Appreciate the encouragement..........

Hey all, Thx for the comments......it is Mountain Top and the trails connect from where you rode in off of Tunnel Hill Road. Glad to show you where there at sometime, pm me and we can arrange to get out in late september. Ride On!

p.s. both my daughters rode quite a bit when they were younger but as they got into their mid teens they both have dropped off to concentrate on field hockey , track and friends. It definetely is not as cool for them to hang out with me and my friends as it is for me! Here's a pic from a few years ago of riding with the gang at the tubs....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........