mtbr member

Eagleton Mine Camp Trail Ride Sat June 10th near Lockhaven, PA

DCNR is having a kick off event to get folks out on the Eagleton Mine Camp Trail in Sproul State Forest. The trailhead is 9 miles Northwest of Lock Haven. A very cool 21 mile single-track loop. We will have multiple groups going out sorted by skill and desire. The county tourist folks are going to be providing some refreshments (juice, cookies) at the beginning and us un-officially some barley pop after. Frank and I pre-rode the course a few weeks ago and it is way cool. Basically, the trails are like stretches of the Allegheny Front and Rock Run trails in Black Mo State Forest, with slightly less rock.

Directions from Lock Haven:
    Take 120 North from Lock Haven, towards Renovo. After the big "Sproul State Forest" look for Eagleton Rd on your left. Turn left on Eagleton Rd and drive back about 3 miles.

Sproul State Forest:
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...ts/sproul.aspx
    Map of the trails where we’ll be riding:
    http://www.nittanymba.org/maps.php

mtbr member
    Raymo, if Steve is there from the Bike Gallery tell him i said hello. i was at LHU from 91-96' and that's where i bought my first mtn bike.....GT Backwoods!!!! Still ride it today. He's a great guy for sure

thanks,
    Joe Transue

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'd love to try it. Can you take some pics and post 'em back here?

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Ray, Do you ride the Black forest end of the year ride with Steve? I think I remember the name Frank, not sure if I remember the name Ray, but it rings a bell.
    If so I probably rode with you.I think the last time I had blue Cannondale Raven, long gone. They have not did that ride in a couple of years.

Steve has told me about that trail, but at the time he said it was still pretty rough and needed ridden more. That was last year.

I would like to ride Saturday, sounds like a good trail and I have been looking for some new stuff close to ride. Not sure if I can swing it.
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

mtbr member
    May 2005

saturday ride

What are the start times????

mtbr member
    Please try to make it. This is a test case for the PA DCNR and the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce. They are hoping it will be the beginning of marketing PA as a destination for mountain biking. If we get a good showing, they will be more apt to help establish trail networks in the future just not in Sproul SF but elsewhere in the state.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesjoker
    What are the start times????
    Duh on me. I forgot that. 10:00 am. I should be there a little earlier.

I will try

I'm all for more trails around this area. My 12yr old might want to come. Is there any "bail outs" if he gets tired. I would really like to bring him. How much or how hard are the climbs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raymo853
    Please try to make it. This is a test case for the PA DCNR and the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce. They are hoping it will be the beginning of marketing PA as a destination for mountain biking. If we get a good showing, they will be more apt to help establish trail networks in the future just not in Sproul SF but elsewhere in the state.

Just got off the phone with Steve from the bike gallery, he said he will be there but won't be riding because of a broken collar bone. He said that my son should not have a problem riding on the north side, it has only minor climbs. So there is a good chance that I will be there. Hope to see a good turn out.

The funny thing is I have not been on this site regularly since last fall. I'm off work today and thought I would see what's going on.

I told Steve

Joe, I told Steve you said hi. He knew exactly who you were.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Raymo853

Is the Susquehannock trail system open to MTB's? How about Quehanna?
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    Raymo853

I am not sure. I can ask the DCNR folks Saturday. What SF are those trails in?

Susquehannock Trail System is in Susquehannock State Forest. Quehanna is in Elk I believe
    proformance58@cs.com

Keep on Rockin...

No....

Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    Raymo853

Not the portion of the STS in Potter Co./Susquehannock Forest. I live 1 mile from the North trailhead. It's really too bad it's not open to bikers as so much of the trail is rarely used at all it's being overgrown with brush. Also, there are local bikers who would be more than glad to fix sections in need of repair (due to poor trail construction) if they were just allowed to ride it. I've xc skied and hiked this trail often and spend a lot of time clearing it. Some sections would make for incredible mountain bike trail.

Mike

Miker J

Where did I see they are allowing Bikes!
    Gotta check I will get back to ya

LC
    proformance58@cs.com

I had a good time riding the trail with everyone. Very nice trail from what I seen. I had to break off from the pack early because I had my 12 yr old son with me. I plan on going up in the next couple weeks to ride the whole loop.

There was one section on the way back that can use some work or just needs to be used more, after the boiler run trail to the next road crossing, other than that it's good.

Great job and thank you to everyone that contributed to the construction of this trail. I will be using the as often as I can, since it's so close to me.