Thread: Eagles Mere

mtbr member

Eagles Mere

After the last ride at roaring creek, and while enjoying a well earned adult beverage Nanner, Wyatt, Jonz and I talked about the Eagles Mere trails and the possibility of riding them. I have a cabin just above Laporte and would like to find some trails to ride in that area. I have hiked and hunted around that area and run into multi use, ski and horse trails. I would appreciate any info on the trail system.... access, conditions,maps, trail heads. I wouldn't mind doing some trail maintenance in the area to make it ride able. It would be great to meet up and ride with someone that knows the area.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelch01
    After the last ride at roaring creek, and while enjoying a well earned adult beverage Nanner, Wyatt, Jonz and I talked about the Eagles Mere trails and the possibility of riding them. I have a cabin just above Laporte and would like to find some trails to ride in that area. I have hiked and hunted around that area and run into multi use, ski and horse trails. I would appreciate any info on the trail system.... access, conditions,maps, trail heads. I wouldn't mind doing some trail maintenance in the area to make it ride able. It would be great to meet up and ride with someone that knows the area.
    mmmmm, another Eagles Mere thread....

these always end with so much mystery, like searching for sasquatch....

Where is Craig?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    I found this drawing of the old ski trails outside of Eagles Mere. I got lost one time hiking and popped out at the top of the lake. I remember there being mountain bike tracks. This was back in the mid to late 90's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eagles Mere-pa_wyomingsf_xcskitouringtrails.gif  

mtbr member
    I found this trail map for the bridal trails. I imagine this trail system was part of the mysterious mountain bike trails used by Sasquatch.
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...idle_Trail.pdf

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Hmmm, maybe this will be the magic thread that finally unlocks Eagles Mere. I've never seen the xc ski map before.

jkelch01 - check your PM's - I have some maps that I've gathered from the plethora of Eagles Mere threads through the yrs

ganginwood
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    mmmmm, another Eagles Mere thread....

these always end with so much mystery
    not really. my last inquiry ended with craig's phone number, their weekday group ride info and several other contact(s) who have been meeting there twice a week to ride and maintain the trails.

craig is still involved and so is a small group of others. in all honesty, this forum ( the internet in general) isn't the best place to advertise any information. the guys who ride there want to keep it low key and not draw attention to themselves, since technically they shouldn't be there either.

i respect that.

but yes...there is a mtb scene taking place there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    I believe the trails I posted links to are all on state land. I am not trying to hone in on any body's private playground I am just looking for places to ride close to areas I frequent. As far as the web not being a good place to find trails, I would not have found the great trails and buds that I have been riding with the last couple of weekends if it where not for this site. As far as not being allowed on these trails, the only trails that there could be a conflict are those designated foot traffic only.

ganginwood
    dually noted.

however, i'd be remiss to not assume that when you're cutting out trails on state land that you would want to advertise your whereabouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    We are all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    dually noted.

however, i'd be remiss to not assume that when you're cutting out trails on state land that you would want to advertise your whereabouts.
    Did I miss something? The OP said he'd like find some trails and maybe assist in some trail maintenance, generally recognized as a pretty noble endeavor, I didn't see anything about cutting new trails.

Did you ever have ham?

Eagles Mere

I FOUND HIM, I FOUND HIM!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!