Thread: Eagles Mere

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Eagles Mere

I will be riding in Wyoming State Forest and am desparetly looking for a mt biking map, but will gladly accept trail reccomendations or info on how to locate the legendary Craig from Eagles Mere Mountain Bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The state forest map in this thread is pretty good, but obviously not specific for Mt. Biking. If you cannot find anything else, try calling the state forest office during weekdays and ask them if they have any maps specific for mountain biking. In general, most of the footpath-type trails in that SF are rocky and steep.

I don't believe Eagle's Mere Mountain Bikes has opened in the past two seasons, and before that they were a weekend-only operation. The owners used to live in the Harrisburg vicinity and go to the shop on weekends. They at one time had a 'map' of MTB trails the area, which was a USGS 7.5-minute topo map, with several trails marked up, and they made fullsize black and white copies and sold 'em for $5. Assuming they're basically outta business at that shop try calling the following and ask if they have old copies of the map from the bikestore for sale: Eagle's Mere Visitors bureau/office, Wyoming State Forest offices, and the bookstore in downtown Eagles' Mere.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

trails

i have a map that i've held onto like gold since he closed the shop - it's well worn

suggest going down 154 towards worlds end, go right on shanerburg (sp?) to where the horse parking is, there are trail maps of the red blaze trails there, there is some fairly nice riding in there with some side trails if the horses haven't destroyed them yet

i'll be at worlds end starting 7/21 and biking up there all week

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    awesome. Any chance you could scan that map and email it?? We will be up on 7/21 and ride on 7/22 and 7/23. We are staying at Pioneer Campground. Let us know if you want company for a ride or want to join us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

maps

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...orldsend02.jpg

this is a start, starting to piece together the scan of the main map

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

eagles mere mt bike map

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...lesmeremap.jpg

here's a scan of craig old map, tried to piece it together

the other one has the numbers on it - they are on highway reflector signs at the intersections, handy after you make a wrong turn or someone (hikers) get lost

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...orldsend02.jpg

going to go to kinko's to see if they'll copy the old one full size

happy trails