mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Duryea Downhill Race May 5&6 Reading PA info and updates

The Duryea Downhill race is on! Thanks to hard work from Fred, Joey, and Dane. They went out and busted ass and got all the local sponsorship needed to get this race done.

The Duryea will be May 5&6 in Reading PA. The Duryea has grown from a small local event into a National calender event. This year we excited to be oart of the Gravity East Series. The Duryea offers one of the most unique courses out there. Racing from the top of MT. Penn mtn. and finishing in downtown city park.

We will have the offical press release out by Sunday March 11th. Our website www.readingracing.com will be updated with all info on hotels-camping and directions. So please keep checking the site.

e are expecting a huge spectator turn out. The race will be advertised heavy in the local newspaper and TV.

We have a $2000.00 pro purse.

The tentative schedule is:

Saturday May 5th:
    regs- 8am to 3pm
    practice 9am to 3pm
    3pm to 4pm course clean up and repair.

Sunday May 6th:
    regs- 8amto 10am
    practice 8am to 11am
    race starts at 12:00 noon
    awards at 3pm
    on the road home by 4pm
    ***please if anybody is interested in helping sponsor this event contact me directly***

Thanks for your time and look out for the press release. Come out and race May 5&6 in Reading PA.

Tony
    leapaj@earthlink.net
    www.readingracing.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

my church is the woods
    Tony,

Norba license required?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    such a cool course!

i wish i had the ballz to race; but i'll definitely try to come out and spectate!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker
    Tony,

Norba license required?

YES NORBA license

dontcha?
    It looks like alot of fun.. I've never raced downhill before, would this be a good event to get my feet wet? Any pics of the course from last year?
    Last edited by captain spaulding; 03-09-2007 at 11:59 AM.
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

-> SickLines.com <-
    duryea 2005
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqhYNEon9U8

duryea
    http://www.kmtb.com/bbs/zboard.php?i...esc=asc&no=166

The big jump area is called airlines, but thats the pro line. not sure if its in there or not this year...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Which one?

Hi, I maybe coming to this event. The kmtb videos is great and the course is so different. So, out of the list of campgrounds, which is the closest to the event? Does anyone have any recs?
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by captain spaulding
    It looks like alot of fun.. I've never raced downhill before, would this be a good event to get my feet wet? Any pics of the course from last year?
    It was a good race to get into in the past cause it was "just for the fun of it". Now that it's norba, I'd say it's going to be more competitive. Still come down and enjoy this weekend. It's a blast! Fahn

mtbr member
    someone buy me a freaking DH rig.
    Abington Wheel Wright Freeride Crew

2011 Trek Session 8

2012 Trek Remedy 9

2012 Niner MCR 9

SND. CPS.

mtbr member
    Tony, I'll be coming back cause it's the best race I've ever been part of. BUT... this is also the same weekend as Bike New York. 30,000+ riders every year! Even though I'm sure most DH'ers don't care about BNY, it is a tradition for a lot of riders to start the season. Roadies, XC, Famlies, Bike shops... It's been a tradition for our club to start our season and every year the group is getting bigger and bigger.
    I know you guys had a tight schedule to fit into and you took what you had available. But it's just something I figured I'd bring up. I can't wait! Fahn

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    Tony, I'll be coming back cause it's the best race I've ever been part of. BUT... this is also the same weekend as Bike New York. 30,000+ riders every year! Even though I'm sure most DH'ers don't care about BNY, it is a tradition for a lot of riders to start the season. Roadies, XC, Famlies, Bike shops... It's been a tradition for our club to start our season and every year the group is getting bigger and bigger.
    I know you guys had a tight schedule to fit into and you took what you had available. But it's just something I figured I'd bring up. I can't wait! Fahn

May 5th and 6th are set in stone. We worked out the series schedule with all the mtns so dates were tight. Almost every weekend is booked from May-Oct. I hope to c-ya at the Duryea May 5&6.

mtbr member
    I knew it was tight and didn't expect a change, but thought I'd mention it. I'll be there. Fahn

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

What? no love?

Hi, I maybe coming to this event since its so cool and its a Nationaly qualifier. It will be my first DH race. I don't expect to "wow" the crowd, but as a women,....I'd like to get more women into racing. I hope there are more than just 5 women. So, out of the list of campgrounds, which is the closest to the event? Does anyone have any recs?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnz2Sea
    Hi, I maybe coming to this event since its so cool and its a Nationaly qualifier. It will be my first DH race. I don't expect to "wow" the crowd, but as a women,....I'd like to get more women into racing. I hope there are more than just 5 women. So, out of the list of campgrounds, which is the closest to the event? Does anyone have any recs?
    Check out Sun Valley Campground. It is about 20 minutes from Reading, don't know where the other are, but my parents house is minutes from Sun Valley and I can vouch for its lack of sketchiness.

SunValleyCamping.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnz2Sea

Blue Falls Grove Campground. If you are coming from NJ rt 78 to rt 61s. Blue falls is right off of rt 61. Its 15min away and easy to get to.

We would love to see the ladies show up. So all you sisters out there step it up and come.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Thanks for the info!

I'm going to Xpost this in some other forums. Hopefully we can get some more women riders there. Now, if this snow would just melt faster,....

mtbr member
    I want to bring some non-riding adrenaline junkie friends along to spectate. Where is the best spot to do so. Where to park and walk...up/down...Pagoda (start) end or Park (finish)end? Any info. appreciated.

Dr. Bike
    Mar 2006
    I have some friends interested in racing but will be riding, dare I say "all mountain" bikes. Obviously the airlines section would be better on a big bike but what about the rest of the course?
    If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot !

mtbr member
    It's do-able... SCARY!!! But do-able...

mtbr member
    How much is it going to cost??? Fahn

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

news

Hey,

I will be posting all the info this weekend. We had just worked out classes for the series and all that good stuff.

We have had a large volume of e-mails about the race. We are worried about the # of riders that may turn out. So, we will be opening a on-line registration so we can cap the amount of riders. I will post the site once it is completed.

So keep your eye-out for the for the opening of the on-line registration.

any ??? lets hear them

later

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Just signed up

at bikereg.com in the Women's sport category. I hope to see more women on the course!