mtbr member

Downingtown "Jump Jam" Photos!

This event was amazing, I was severely hung over and still had a blast. I spent so much time taking pictures that I didn't get to ride at all. Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride at Ted's place in the future. This was my first time shooting biking photos, so it was a challenge, plus my large flashes batteries were dead and I was forced to use the onboard flash. Pictures still turned out pretty good. Enough excuses, here are the photos!

Enjoy,
    Jay R

Last edited by raoul duke; 11-06-2007 at 10:03 PM.

mtbr member

more

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

way too many photos

EWRs

eci
    bikies are cool

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    NIce Pics . I had a great time as well. Thanks to Jdrp Stuntboy for letting be borrow his bike. The XC ride in the morning was a blast, and watching the air time in the afternoon was great.
    20" ers!

Bryan

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    that place was fun

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Ted's was an absolute rocking party! I mean that everyone had a killer time and the vibe from the start of the Jam until the ambulance came was through the roof. Th XC ride was pretty cool and I am glad so many of you came down for it. Riding XC with Dave Harms and John Gabor is like being locked in a 2 hour Super D race -- serious flow and wicked style. When we returned to Teds the jam was just beginning to roll -- people were hitting a few lines getting sorted, but there was a lot of packing and grooming underway. And riders just kept rolling in. The amp just started notching up and up and all of the sudden it was non-stop trains and run after run after run. Ripping through the "Elevator" section, you might frequently hear the high pitched whine of Spintck Nat's gear as he would pass you in the air (as you were in the air) hooked into his 300' zip line, video camera in hand. H even had a mid air collision w/Gabor. Everyone was charging so hard that I never stopped riding. Mike Gentilecore and his racer friends were the token 20" guys to show up and give th downhill jump lines a shot -- they are really different from what they're used to. I dropped in behind Mike on his first run and it was like h and I were in 8th grade again racing BMX against each other. Seeing those guys full throttle and full on brake into a rooted blown out corner foot out at 40 MPH was full on motocross! Remember, these trails are downhill, nasty, rough and rutted with deep braking bumps and those guys had 20" wheels, chrome-moly forks and 80psi in their tires. No front brake, either!!! Seeing everyone charge the 180 berm was almost as fun as hitting it. You are almost fully sideways and your lips are peeled down off your face by the G forces. Seriously.

I am still really sore from all of the riding, and my voice is cooked from all the yelling. Ted's was an absolute rocking party this year.

Thanks Ted and Dave.

GoCyco
    Nov 2005

Looks like I a missed a good one...

I am definately in for the next one!

But at least I had got out for a 30+ mile ride with Woodchuck, Jamie, Dean, et al.
    We cruised Hickory Run. What a nice sunny day. Unfortunately I was having too much fun to pull out a camera. The Stone Trail was killer.

Ted & Dave, you have to come up and do another snowy trail ride in Mtop this year.

Cheers,
    Doug

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Doug,
    How about a snowy trailride tomorrow?!

mtbr member
    YEa that was killer. THanks Ted. I have a bruised rib from a knarly digger I took on the 4th jump going full speed. Whipped it out a little too far and rear wheel landed in the woods. High sided and rag dolled in front of 20 people. Sweet. But I rode another 2 hours and who knows how many runs. Pain is temporary, Ted's is all day... Lots of skilled riders and overall cool people. I can't wait to go back...
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hey, Ted here, Glad to hear everyone had a good time! I have enjoyed the last couple days of digging free relaxation. The party is always sensory overload for me and As the week progressed I kept remembering cool stuff that hapened, by the way Tim, the guy who left via 911 is ok. He busted a rib but other than that he is ok. Well another season of dj's is about done and it is time to get into the xc rides, however it looks like I might have a distraction, the local indoor skate park is now open to bicycles!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Nat got a little video done from the zip line, I think you have to download it to view it...

www.spinteck.com/teds_ruckus2007_3mbps.wmv

Its quite sweet, check it out!

mtbr member

Those are great pics!

Wow, those are great! And I am in 5 of them, and two of my bikes are in another pic. Brown jacket, black pants, and a PSU hat.

It truly was a great time.... Thanks Ted.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain