No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Downingtown "Jump Jam" info.?

Seem to recall getting an email about having a second gathering in Downingtown this year. (Last year, it was the benefit for Jay DeJesus.)
    It was linked somehow to an Eastern Woods Research thread (I think.) but I mistakenly deleted the email/link. An EWR frame reunion was mentioned. I own an Original Woods Bike and wanted to be there.

I think that Nov. 4th was the date mentioned. I will be about 3 hours out of town that weekend but may plan on driving back for the event then returning to my destination just to be able to go!

Anyone have any info.?

Thanks!

Eric
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Hope there's something going on at Ted's soon!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Check the EWR thread on the VRC Forum...

Aparently, there's a gig goin' on on Nov. 4!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Yes there is, 1st sunday of november. Check you PM please
    Last edited by TortugaTonta; 10-16-2007 at 03:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Can't wait! I'm going over tomorrow to help dig. We just got some mcleod tools in last night, time to put them to use. Everything's looking great at Ranch Relaxo can't wait till Sunday!!!!
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Nice...
    Last edited by kenn72; 11-03-2007 at 10:51 AM.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    EWR Bikes
    COO
    www.ewrbikes.com
    EWR 22 4 HE L

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

One more thing....directions...

Despite that I live in the area, wasn't able to attend last year. Had to work. Realizing that I don't have a clue how to get there.
    Know that it's in the Downingtown and/or Marsh Creek Lake areas.
    Could someone PM or email me directions?
    Thanks!
    Eric
    mepav@frontiernet.net
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Thumbs Up!
    I need directions as well. Also what time does the xc ride start?

jeffrou123@yahoo.com

thanks!
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    For those of you who did not attend, Ted's was an absolute rocking party! I mean that everyone had a killer time and the vibe from the start of the Jam until the ambulance came was through the roof. Th XC ride was pretty cool and I am glad so many of you came down for it. Riding XC with Dave Harms and John Gabor is like being locked in a 2 hour Super D race -- serious flow and wicked style. When we returned to Teds the jam was just beginning to roll -- people were hitting a few lines getting sorted, but there was a lot of packing and grooming underway. And riders just kept rolling in. The amp just started notching up and up and all of the sudden it was non-stop trains and run after run after run. Ripping through the "Elevator" section, you might frequently hear the high pitched whine of Spintck Nat's gear as he would pass you in the air (as you were in the air) hooked into his 300' zip line, video camera in hand. H even had a mid air collision w/Gabor. Everyone was charging so hard that I never stopped riding. Mike Gentilecore and his racer friends were the token 20" guys to show up and give th downhill jump lines a shot -- they are really different from what they're used to. I dropped in behind Mike on his first run and it was like h and I were in 8th grade again racing BMX against each other. Seeing those guys full throttle and full on brake into a rooted blown out corner foot out at 40 MPH was full on motocross! Remember, these trails are downhill, nasty, rough and rutted with deep braking bumps and those guys had 20" wheels, chrome-moly forks and 80psi in their tires. No front brake, either!!! Seeing everyone charge the 180 berm was almost as fun as hitting it. You are almost fully sideways and your lips are peeled down off your face by the G forces. Seriously.

I am still really sore from all of the riding, and my voice is cooked from all the yelling. Ted's was an absolute rocking party this year -- you should have been there...

Photos soon.

Jay d.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Sounds like it was a good time....

Wish that I would've driven home to attend. Only living about 25 minutes from the Jam location but being 3+ hours out of town last weekend took it's mental toll and driving home and back out of town didn't seem like such a good idea when the time came...
    Maybe next year....

How many EWR frames were there?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Wish that I would've driven home to attend. Only living about 25 minutes from the Jam location but being 3+ hours out of town last weekend took it's mental toll and driving home and back out of town didn't seem like such a good idea when the time came...
    Maybe next year....

How many EWR frames were there?
    I brought a yellow original woods bike and a black mettle. Jay brought his Black Original Woods Bike. There was Jay S's green Original Woods Bike frame that wasn't built up yet. A very early purple Original Woods Bike that was built in Jay's shop and had U-Brakes (Pretty sure that was Kenn's?). Unfortunately no standard E-motions or E-motion B2's.... but there was the E-Motion Ti, which obviously was the coolest EWR there.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.....

As if this really helps....

I could've contributed my 97 Woods Bike (Breezer as opposed to slotted drops) and brought my cousin's (he's also my main riding buddy) unbuilt (as of yet) E-Motion...also a 97...I think. Then, I know where there's a currently unbuilt up B-2. Damn....there's three more just within the southeastern PA area!

If the event goes down next year...I don't care what happens...I'll be there! I'll make sure that those other two frames are there too!

Anyway...just expressing that I wish I could've made it!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member

Good job! Ted's Ruckus - On video!!!

Hey guys,

Nat Bartholomew posted a 6+ minute video of Ted's jump jam at this link: http://www.hcor.net/postt29283.html or http://www.spinteck.com/teds_ruckus2007_3mbps.wmv

It includes a nice interview with Jay and some close ups of the EWR's present (the purple one is mine!)

On Spinteck.com Nat asks that you download and save the video so "he doesn't go broke from bandwidth".

Nat did a freaking awesome job! Thanks!
    Kenn Rymdeko
    EWR Bikes
    COO
    www.ewrbikes.com
    EWR 22 4 HE L