mtbr member

Downhilling at 7 springs

http://www.porcmtbclub.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1148

Check the above link on some info for 7 springs. New trails for this fall and what looks like a new haven for pittsburghers next summer.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    No freakin way !!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Wait just trying to put two and two together.Does this mean there will be a downhill race at 7springs this year???

3 "fiddy" for short
    THis is good news!!! It shows that the sport is progressing and making an impression on resort managers. Now we just need it to spread to Central, PA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whattree?
    Wait just trying to put two and two together.Does this mean there will be a downhill race at 7springs this year???
    I'd guess they wouldn't start racing until AT LEAST next year. As the PORC website suggested, they'll have one trail open on Labor Day weekend--probably not many more before snow falls.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Its going to be great!

I checked it out on Friday with one of the crew. Its going to be 5-7 minutes of rip roaring fun, with more to follow!

They are doing it 1st class. Get out there and support it. the more we use it the more they will build.

It starts at the Arctic Blast Kids skills park and winds its way down to the biginner area by the goggle.

It has tons of flow and you can go big if you want. Its more gravity assisted riding than 'downhilling', but I am sure more advanced trails will follow. You can go as big as you want though.

Just awesome.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian A
    I checked it out on Friday with one of the crew. Its going to be 5-7 minutes of rip roaring fun, with more to follow!

They are doing it 1st class. Get out there and support it. the more we use it the more they will build.

It starts at the Arctic Blast Kids skills park and winds its way down to the biginner area by the goggle.

It has tons of flow and you can go big if you want. Its more gravity assisted riding than 'downhilling', but I am sure more advanced trails will follow. You can go as big as you want though.

Just awesome.
    One of the local riders, Jeff, has been involved w/ this from the start and actually presented the idea for a downhill park to 7S management this past spring. I believe the intention is to build a sweet signature trail/run that is fast and fun and that everyone can ride and then go from there building more advanced and technical runs.

If we support this they will build more.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Drnich,

Jeff gave me the unauthorized tour...

We have probably met. I am the guy on the baby blue 29er riding with two cattle dogs.

Might be time for those of us who ride ther eoften to invest in some suspension!?!

See you on the hill... Here's to progress!

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    So who's going to be there on labor day weekend? I'll be there to race my first 24hr race, but I'm also considering bringing my dh bike to take a few runs as well. Who's in?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Just got the official e-mail and thought I would post it. Woot!

Seven Springs to open lift-accessed gravity mountain bike trail!

Opens Sept. 1!

Mountain bikers, drop in and check out our new lift access gravity mountain bike trail, the first step in the development of a bike park at Seven Springs!

Downhill or gravity mountain biking is similar to downhill skiing, offering a thrilling adrenaline rush as you challenge yourself to control the nature of gravity – and, of course, race to the top via the high-speed chairlift.

After catching a ride to the top of the mountain on the high-speed six-passenger chairlift, you’ll descend the mountain for nearly a mile. The forested mountain trail features many elements including bermed or banked turns, rolling and tabletop jumps accented by challenging natural terrain. Riders of all abilities will enjoy the intermediate gravity trail, while advanced downhillers will appreciate its features and flow.

Seven Springs contracted the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) and former downhill mountain biking professional Judd De Vall to build and design the course to meet IMBA standards of environmental responsibility and sustainability.

During the trail’s grand opening on Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1 and 2, riders are encouraged to submit their ideas for the trail naming contest, as well as suggestions for future trails. The grand prize winner will receive an eight week trail pass and $100 certificate good for mountain bike apparel in the Seven Springs Recreation Center. Join us for the ribbon cutting ceremony beginning 11 a.m. at the start of the trail.

The trail will be open weekends beginning Sept. 1, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Downhill mountain bikes, helmets and protective gear have been added to the fleet of rental equipment. Each rider will be required to purchase a Gravity Bike Pass.

HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE MOUNTAIN SOON!
    SEVEN SPRINGS MOUNTAIN RESORT

SevenSprings values your interest and your privacy. If you would like to modify your registration info, or if you prefer to opt-out of receiving these messages, please click here.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Does anyone know what the price of a Day Pass is?

Also, it would be nice to see some pics of the finished course. Or, better yet, an onboard video of the course.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Go to www.7springs.com and there is about 20 pictures in the "CU on the mountain" section

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp722
    Go to www.7springs.com and there is about 20 pictures in the "CU on the mountain" section
    Yea, I have seen those. I was thinking that someone must have pictures that are newer of a more finished project.

I still think a helmet cam video of the course would be a nice touch and help get people interested in coming.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Costs, Etc...

Day pass is 20 bucks.

I rode past the course a few times yesterday. it is looking really good. very well built and professionally done. Can't wait.