mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Downhill@Camelback Mtn?

??????

mtbr member
    I did hear a rumor that a mountain in Poconos is close to getting a DH facility. Man I hope so. Sick of driving to Diablo.
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Would be nice to see a place like Camelback step up. They already have summer traffic draw with the water park. It is a good size mountain with respectable uphill capacity. Not to mention good location, very close to the Lehigh Valley and Philly. Waiting patiently...
    ------------------------------------------------------------

He who dies with the most toys wins...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There was a post somewhere a while back that was mentioning Blue Mtn had interest in a downhill park. So far i think there was some kind of a meeting to determine if it would be profitable for them,ins. costs,etc...i dont know what happened after that. IMO either Camelback or Blue would be a great location..both are must closer to me than Diablo,and it would be nice to have a change.

mtbr member
    I work at Sno Mountain in the Lift department during the Winter months and about 2 years ago I approached Mark Verrastro about doing a course on the mountain...it went all the way to trail plotting, which has been completed.

There were some issues regarding insurance but it has since been resolved. However, they need to get everything else up and running first. We all know the setbacks with the water park and other projects they have up there..so many things got pushed back. I'll give Mark or Gary a call today to see if there is any sort of timetable laid out yet for '09. With the water park now completed (And covered correctly) the '09 summer season probably has a lot of freed up space as far as commitments, so..let's hope for the best.

Larry Fahn..since you did a great job on Moosic Mountain, maybe I can pick your brain a bit on trails at Sno if & when it comes to that?

Kevin
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Looks like there is a lot of potential for a series there next year.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Downhill racing in PA!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

blue mtn

There was an article in the paper a few weeks ago about their plans.
    There's been much talk about hotels, restaurants, concerts but only one mention of mountain biking:

"The resort has begun erecting an 11,000-square-feet ''sprung structure'' -- fabric over a steel frame on a concrete pad -- able to seat 235 people. In April or May, ''as soon as ski season concludes,'' it expects to break ground for the family fun center, Dailey said.

The fun center would operate while the ski area is closed. Among the activities it hopes to have is cross-country and trail-style mountain biking; tubing similar to the winter activity, only on a synthetic surface; and maybe rope courses and zip lines, Dailey said. A conveyor lift like a ''great escalator'' also is planned, he said."

the full article is HERE

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Think that article you are refering to is for Blue which is a different mtn. From what I know they are figuring out a couple of insurance things and hopefully in a couple of weeks will get the blessing. Looks like full on DH and DS. More info to come.....