mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Doing some riding in the Ridgway/St Marys area.

Im out here in staying in St. Marys for the begining of this week. So far ive stopped at Loves Canoe Rental in Ridgway and was instructed on how to find the Garocii Switchback Trail and some of the surrounding fire roads.

As far as the switchback trail goes it could use some grooming. The climb up is an impressive climb from 1326ft to a decent 2200ft. And its not an easy climb! VERY tight singletrack to the point were one might get lost. I was fortunate enough to be trusted with Dave Loves PERSONAL map of the trail area and it helped greatly! The downhill section was not to dissappoint, i couldve used a little more travel as my puny K2 Attack 1.0 was barely up to par. The switchbacks were fun but nothing a novice like myself couldnt handle.

Im looking forward to going out and exploring more tommorrow, if anyone is interested shoot me a message!

-Nick

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Nick:

Dave Love is a great guy and has a vast knowledge of his area. I used to travel 4 hours just to do the Ridgeway Mt bike race that Dave helped organize!

The Quarry ride is classic! Especially the sweet singletrack leading up the back side of the mountain. I forget the name of that trail(deer path?), but it is great!

Hope to get there this year to ride it again!