Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Does this seem like the longest winter ever?

Don't know about you guys, but im dying here..i have a new build project going on (will post up some pics soon) but this winter is killing me!
    I have been out every weekend hiking and doing trail maint simply cant wait for spring!! the PA fourm has also been quite..what gives?
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    I too am jonesing to ride....but having fun XC , DH, and Backcountry Skiing in the meantime while we have winter.....appreciate all the trail maintenance you and your crew have been doing....we should be in good shape when spring comes....Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

here are some build pics..

Sette reken frame..been a fun project
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does this seem like the longest winter ever?-dscn2596.jpg  

Does this seem like the longest winter ever?-dscn2608.jpg  

Does this seem like the longest winter ever?-dscn2610.jpg  

trail addict
    I really, really, really want to ride. And it is not like I CAN'T ride. I just want warmer weather to ride in. Maybe I am too picky. I have really been noticing the increased daylight recently, but the temperature has still been so low. The change must come soon.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    It's the worst time right now I think. It's starting to warm up but, just enough to make the trails muddy for daytime then freeze at night before they have a chance to dry out.
    This week it's supposed to be lows 20s and highs mid 30s as opposed to two weeks ago where it was low teens and highs mid 20s. Won't be too long before it's spring!
    Ask me about Evansburg State Park
    Trail days. 3rd Sunday
    of the month.

mtbr member

Does this seem like the longest winter ever?

It's February....

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    The XC skiing is definitely helping, but it ain't bikin'!

I'm just about finished my winter build on the Super Bike too, just a tire and a couple brake pads away from hitting the trails with it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i haven't missed out on any riding because of the winter weather it's just another dimension

Rolling on 650b
    Yes! It got so bad today I broke out the rollers. I too can't wait for a little better weather.

Spring! Spring! Spring!

Re: Does this seem like the longest winter ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Clipless in PA View Post
    Yes! It got so bad today I broke out the rollers. I too can't wait for a little better weather.
    I have been hitting roller twice a week with the Valley Cycles gang.

Hellava sweat. Great cameraderie.

Oh yeah, I still have 'ultimate custom wheels' on my bike to do list.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    I don't know what you guys are complaining about, I've been out riding every weekend. If anything, it's been a lousy winter because there hasn't been sh@t for snow. Between my 29er & fatbike, I've been getting in 100 miles per week.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    It's a personal problem ... I hate cold+wet ... just can't get past that, at least yet.

Which bike more, FB or 29er?

Quiet Professional
    Its been pretty warm winter here in Central Texas. A few rain storms and a few days it hit mid 30's, but able to ride most any day.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Fatbike, mostly. I've ridden the 29er twice in the past month, most recently, today at White Clay in DE. Switching from the fb, the 29er feels downright feathery. The Fatbike is a lot of fun though and doesn't really cause much damage, if at all when the trails get greasy. It really shines in the snow, though, which I wish we'd had more of.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    Its been pretty warm winter here in Central Texas. A few rain storms and a few days it hit mid 30's, but able to ride most any day.
    "phbbbt!"

I remember those winters.

Gigantic: my "winter" bike is a HT 29er SS ... if it's crappy out it's REALLY tough for me to deal with on my trails ... and with weather and trail conditions so variable it's hard to motivate far out of town ... too costly!

Maybe in another few years I'll have a phat bike ... but no time soon as I just got a super cool bike last June.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    my 29er is a 1x8. After today's ride, I figure I'm maybe a month of riding the fatbike from turning it into a single speed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I don't get it with you guys this has been an awesome winter for riding,the cold is no excuse and the snow that we have gotten so far made for some awesome rides.I totally don't understand fair weather riders true hearted MTN bikers!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    I don't get it with you guys this has been an awesome winter for riding,the cold is no excuse and the snow that we have gotten so far made for some awesome rides.I totally don't understand fair weather riders true hearted MTN bikers!
    I just dont enjoy riding in the cold! i get out and and do other things, but riding all bundled up just isint fun to me. Now if you want to go hike 10miles and pitch a tent im in

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I agree with tech! It has been a fun winter to ride in, riding in the snow works on a whole different skill set. Yes it's cold but a few minutes of doing grunt work in the snow warms the body right up! I have a riding buddy that is just as crazy and we have been going every weekend just about every Sat and Sun. I have also been doing the 2 day/wk training class with Bear also. Nothing beats being outside off the trainer though...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I`m with Gigantic on this one,not much of a winter for snow,but i have been getting 100 + miles a week on my fatbike ,29er & crossbike.Fatbikes are the best for this time of year,do a fatbike ride no need for bundling up riding one of them.I did a 25miler today & a 20 + ride yesterday on snowmobile trails @ PLSP (yes still snow in pike county)what fun,snow rides are as epic as any dirt rides I have done.If I had my way we would have snow from Dec to end of march.Just get out & ride,push a little & you won`t be cold.happy trails

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Longest winter ever...? Easily the longest.....last week felt like a month.....in fact writing this felt like 5.... 6 hours..

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    For me a great winter! After getting the Moonlander fat bike in Jan when the snow got to deep to ride the 29er has been awesome! You may be surprised how warm (you are) and enjoyable it is riding in cold weather! I get out every day, some times for 3-4 hours, a couple 3 hour rides at 7 deg F windchill -8, no problem! The ground is froze no mud, the snow cleans the bike, keeps it looking like new!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    No complaining here. I;ve been riding almost every weekend. Just been going a little south to do it. Mt Penn near Reading has miles of trails and are in great shape. Won't let a little snow covering stop me. Just dress appropriately. It really makes you work on your biking skillset as Rrhines said. So just stop whining and get out and ride.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Its definitely been a cold winter, but still ridable

In comparison to the past few winters I could see where you would be coming from, especially the easy winter we had last year

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I think its going to fast! Been out a lot on the Pugsley, been wishing for more snow.

Rode yesterday at Boyce park - had about 3-4 inches of super light powder on the trails, over frozen ground/ice. Made for great riding conditions. Rode with a bunch of 29ers and everyone had a good time.

When it warms up this week and gets muddy, we'll switch up trails and hit the ones that are rocky and/or drain well.

It's never a bad time to ride!
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast