mtbr member
    Sep 2014

does any body wanna ride betzwood?

I've been there a lot lately and the trails are pretty nice, who else rides here? i haven't seen too many people besides hikers. and also heard stuff about nude hikers and people called the "suspects" lol
    My philosophy on bikes: I don't make them, i just break them

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i ride there occasionally as it is my buddies home trails. real fun stuff!

i am betting the nude people and the suspects are the same group of folks you have been told/warned about. Not people you want to seek out unless you are interested in "male bonding" that goes far beyond riding bikes and maybe sharing a beer afterwords (gay hookup areas all over the parking lots at VF so if you see someone longingly staring at you as you ride by now you know; they don't just like your bike). all that said, it isn't bad though, i have never seen anything other than dudes hanging in parking lots looking creepy.

also, watch out for rangers as they don't actually want you riding anything other than the multi-use paths. I have never seen any but have seen stories here about encounters on occasion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill View Post
    i ride there occasionally as it is my buddies home trails. real fun stuff!

i am betting the nude people and the suspects are the same group of folks you have been told/warned about. Not people you want to seek out unless you are interested in "male bonding" that goes far beyond riding bikes and maybe sharing a beer afterwords (gay hookup areas all over the parking lots at VF so if you see someone longingly staring at you as you ride by now you know; they don't just like your bike). all that said, it isn't bad though, i have never seen anything other than dudes hanging in parking lots looking creepy.

also, watch out for rangers as they don't actually want you riding anything other than the multi-use paths. I have never seen any but have seen stories here about encounters on occasion.
    haha I'm staying away from any one like that. i think I'm going to betzwood now. I've never actually seen a park ranger, but i was told they will occasionally "look the other way" and not say anything
    My philosophy on bikes: I don't make them, i just break them

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i think that attitude may have changed for the worse... if i were riding and saw a ranger i would not hang out to see if he wants to be friendly or not. but yeah; i have probably ridden there 50-75 times over the course of 5+ years and never seen a ranger.