mtbr member
    Mar 2005

DJ's/Shuttling near Philadelphia?

So I recently moved to philly from NYC and I'm wondering if there are any decent dirt jumps in a relatively close distance. I've got a car if needed but would be easier if i could just take the train. Also wanted to know if there are any good shuttling areas as well as I have my dh bike.
    Just ride.....

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Mt. Penn?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    See if you can hook up with the Downingtown crew. They should be able to point you in the right direction!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    whos the downington crew? also how long do they shuttle for, most mtns close this weekend.
    Just ride.....

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    See link in the post above.

Loweriders Bike shop in D'town may be of further help....

Plus, there's a DJ scene in the area..... I'd start with LR shop tho.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    posted in the thread so I'll see what kind of interest gets generated. can you PM be about the dj's, would like to know whats up before i drive 45mins.
    Just ride.....

mtbr member
    Mt Penn is good for shuttling. We ride there all winter, and the trails drain very well. The DJ's at Wissahickon got bulldozed recently. There are some guys with DJ's at there house's but none in the city that I'm aware of. If you do go to Lowerider's try to get a hold of Collin, he might be able to hook you up with some guys, but your gonna have to earn it with a shovel. I've got a spot that I dig and ride at but it's more freeride style than DJ. About 15 min west of KOP
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I would start with the loweriders/downingtown crew.
    Also, try behind O'Hara high school(Springfield Delaware County) in the woods behind the athletic fields. These are called the little devil jumps. Really big BMX lines.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    also some sweet singletrack behind the O'Hara

mtbr member
    there's some smaller, but still pretty fun DJs in the woods behind george crothers school in swarthmore. and some guys have been building a pumptrack and a couple jumps under the i-76 university ave offramp in west philly, but that spot still needs a lot of shovel work.

if you like park riding, woodward park in NE philly is pretty good (bike sessions are mon. and weds. nites, bring tubes and a pump 'cause they only have 20" and their pump's broken), and FDR skatepark is _awesome_ for bikes.

for DH, blue mountain and diablo are both tons of fun, but i think they're closed for the season now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    Mt. Penn?
    I know it's done there, but I don't have any contact info. You should keep looking, though. There's some great stuff there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    bumping this thread from the cold since the weather is finally improving.
    Just ride.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    just found a new set of doubles and berms in philly! near the girard ave. bridge. they haven't seen a shovel in awhile, but they're ridable as is, and with a little work they're gonna be butter. nothing balls-out huge, but big enough to be lots of fun.

anybody else see the shoutout to pawoods.com in the latest issue of decline?

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Yeah... good job. Haven't heard if Lowerider's is planning on sponsoring anything in Reading or not.
    Rollertoaster... any info. that you're aware of?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Weird twist of fate had me in Downingtown today... buzzed on in to Lowerider's and nothing planned as of yet to sponsor a shuttle day....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    we're working on it... We will be surveying the trail conditions this weekend and getting started on repairs. Just because loweriders doesn't know about it doesn't mean it's not happening. We have to get the permit from the city before it's official.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spidernerd
    just found a new set of doubles and berms in philly! near the girard ave. bridge. they haven't seen a shovel in awhile, but they're ridable as is, and with a little work they're gonna be butter. nothing balls-out huge, but big enough to be lots of fun.

anybody else see the shoutout to pawoods.com in the latest issue of decline?
    where exactly did you find this?