Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    guy in the woods

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Dirtrag Dirtfest 2011

DIRTRAG DIRTFEST 2011
    May 20-22nd 2011
    Friday-Saturday-Sunday
    Riding-Advocacy-Camping

Camp out on a peninsula in the largest lake in Pennsylvania only 500 feet from the Allegrippis Trails.

Demo Zone - Live Music - Craft Brews - Rays2Lake - Mini-series - IMBA Trail Clinics and Talks - Mtn Bike Movie Night

If you missed it last year be sure to make it this year. There is an event cap on the camping.
    Registration starts Feb 1st on www.BikeReg.com

Interested in becoming a sponsor or exhibitor email us.

Got Questions or Thoughts about the event....well this is a forum.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    sweet, I'm going....

mtbr member
    Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Can't wait, always a good time!!!

Any chance we could order Dirt Fest tee's when we register? they sold out quick last year :-(

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    it pissed rain last year, and it was still a lot of fun.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Marked it on the calendar!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    It friggn dumped buckets last year but I think it was the most fun I ever had on a Mountain Bike trip! I'm in!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I ask this because I am very interested and I am not trying to be a ******, but are the trails like over-crowded for this to where it kinda sucks, and if so does all the other stuff that happens make it ok that the trails are crowded?

I only ask cuz I am having a hard time picturing how many people would be on the trails. But everyone I talk to that went last year said that it was awesome!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I went the last 2 years and the trails didn't seem crowded at all. It was quite the opposite riding wondering where all the people are at. Every once in a while you will run into groups of riders but the stacked trails and suggested way to follow them keep you moving pretty good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Very fun last year, but very wet Saturday. As long as my shoulder is good(had an MRI this morning), I'm in!
    Most fun I have ever had on 2 wheels.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX
    I ask this because I am very interested and I am not trying to be a ******, but are the trails like over-crowded for this to where it kinda sucks, and if so does all the other stuff that happens make it ok that the trails are crowded?

I only ask cuz I am having a hard time picturing how many people would be on the trails. But everyone I talk to that went last year said that it was awesome!
    That's what I was wondering... also wondering if I can really get away for a whole weekend....

And also, Diablo/Blue Mt schedules may influence whether I make it...
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    looking forward to this! how about you jhile? I claim spot 47, if i register in time...

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Just registered!
    Got the "Scud" package, so I can get a bit more exposure to the whole event, since I have never been.
    Looking forward to it.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Just register, this will be my first time. hope it is as fun as every one is posting.
    2012 FatBack with BFL tires
    2010 Specialized StumpJumper FSR Expert
    2006 Specialized RockHopper

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

One way

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    That's what I was wondering... also wondering if I can really get away for a whole weekend....

And also, Diablo/Blue Mt schedules may influence whether I make it...

They mark the trails one way for the weekend; so even though there are hundreds of riders out you can still fly on this 30 mile pump track

Here's the direct link to the DirtFest registration, a little easier than the original link

DirtFest

Think I'm in this year.

mtbr member
    This should be a fun time, can't wait.

guy in the woods

Event Updates

Brewers Grove: Breweries can reserve a spot in a shaded area and dispense brew throughout the day on Saturday. Sorta like a wine tasting without all the grapes.

Rays2Lake w/ houseboat shuttle will again take place.

DirtRag Epic- Saturday 4-5hr ride staffed by DirtRag Staff

Three Days of Riding Three Days of Demos

Two Nights of Live Music: FatMan Band and The EarthTones

IMBA Ales For Trails

Houseboat Camping Option

mostbrokenestscaphoidever

I'll be there again...

Can't wait! Roadtrip from Canada!

Come by the Niner booth and say hello... I'll be helping out again this year...
    misfit diSSent 29er SS
    niner One9 SS

um... yeah
    Oct 2006
    www.dirtragdirtfest.com!

mtbr member
    There is great camping out there and even better trails.

-Joe

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Personally I like Raystown better on non-dirtfest weekends. There are just to many riders on the trails. I don't know how others didn't run into other riders, b/c we did even though we started off quite early in the morning and I don't like getting stuck behind people. On our group rides we have a nice system where I lead or am 2nd-3rd in line descending. At the bottom I move out of the way of the climbers and take up the last spot for the climbs.

Also, I really hope the organization of the event is better this year. It was so haphazard last year. From the placement of the groups at campsites (our group had about 20 people signed up and were split amongst 3-4 spread out sites) to the beer tent (late, only 2 breweries, and ran out of beer) and timing of other events etc (the organization for the grand opening event was much better).

If you haven't made it to Raystown lake though or missed last years event, go this year. Even w/ the negatives I mentioned I had a lot of fun last year, but I really hope they learned and improve. I will be skipping it this year, hoping it is better, and return next year if it is. The potential is there for a real premiere event.

Here is the vid I made from last years Dirtfest to get those that are going this year stoked.

Just some Rides - Dirtfest 2010 from diggingtrail on Vimeo.

psycho cyclo addict
    Me and my girlfriend are going... first time for both of us. "Pump track on steroids" sounds like a BLAST!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    ChevyM14...Dont worry about a thing...this place rocks..its like a gigantic fun roller coaster!!!! edubfromktown...u and ur gf are def gonna have a blast!!! I went last year for the first time and we loved it...We came back later on in like September and camped out and did it all over again cause we enjoyed it soo much!!! Its about a 3 hour drive for us!! Loved the demo area last year, maybe I will take one out and ride this time!! I hope theyre gonna have the BBQ pit there again this year!! FunFunFun time for all!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Question about the Demo area. I am really interested in this because I am looking to get a Trek Hifi or Niner Rip 9 right in that time frame. How does the demo area work and can you take a bike out for x amount of hours? I am hoping at a minimum Niner has a small and medium Rip 9.

First time to Dirtfest but I been to Raystown before and it is FUN!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast