mtbr member

Dirt Rag Dirt Fest 2017

Dirt Rag Dirt Fest | May 18-21, 2017 Here are the details for the event

Facility Details - SEVEN POINTS (PA), PA - Recreation.gov
    The second link for camping at seven points. today is the first day to book for the event, trust me it will fill up fast, even if your not sure if your going to make it, book anyways,if you cancel you will get most of your money back, cost was 81 for the three days.
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Reservations made at Seven Points.
    Site 103 - VCAM Loop

Last year we stayed at Seven Points. Site 93, VCAM Loop. We slept in tents, which may not have been the ideal situation given the rain we had.

This year, we're staying on the same loop as we liked it there, but are bringing a camper instead of tents.

Like sml-2727 mentioned, don't wait too long to make reservations. Last year they filled up quick.

I'm already looking forward to this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Getting closer so I thought it deserving of a bump.

Heres a link to their Facebook page. Lots of info...
    https://www.facebook.com/DirtRagDirtFest/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008

Sunday Shitty Sunday

And as always be ready to jet once the shitty weather will inevitably arrive Sunday. Suppose to be a terrible tick season this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    And as always be ready to jet once the shitty weather will inevitably arrive Sunday. Suppose to be a terrible tick season this year.
    Compared to last year, if the rain waits till Sunday, I'll be relieved.

Last edited by Coal-Cracker; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:02 AM.

that guy
    Jun 2011
    My team and I will be there raising hell again, rain or shine.

#teamfat

mtbr member
    Im starting to get a little more excited, I wanted to demo a Kona Wozo but it looks like that bike is not on the demo fleet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
    My team and I will be there raising hell again, rain or shine.

#teamfat
    Me and my hooligans will be there once again. I think 15 of us signed up on January 1. We go by the name Team America. We have a banner hanging at the camp. They have always given us campsite 9 which is the first site at the bottom of the hill from the expo. There is usually around 20 of us. Anxiously awaiting campsite selections because the Dirt Rag staff has changed up a few members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Im starting to get a little more excited, I wanted to demo a Kona Wozo but it looks like that bike is not on the demo fleet.
    I was reading through last year's follow-up posts...
    Glad to see you've had a change of heart.

I'm definitely looking forward to the event. All things considered, I still had a good time last year.

We'll be at Site 103 on VCAM Loop ('top' of the loop) at 7 Points.
    Anyone is invited to stop by, say hello, and have a beer.

that guy
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhand80 View Post
    Me and my hooligans will be there once again. I think 15 of us signed up on January 1. We go by the name Team America. We have a banner hanging at the camp. They have always given us campsite 9 which is the first site at the bottom of the hill from the expo. There is usually around 20 of us. Anxiously awaiting campsite selections because the Dirt Rag staff has changed up a few members.

I've been trying to call them to fix some registration / group count issues for weeks now, but nobody is answering the damn number they have listed for that purpose. I tried emailing, as well, but got no response.

It's too bad the Outfitter shop up there is no longer handing things -- was always easy to reach them...

mtbr member

Do you guys go to ride or just party? It seems the people that dont care about drinking and partying all night camp at 7 points and the rest stay at the refugee camp at susq, camp site...lol
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Do you guys go to ride or just party? It seems the people that dont care about drinking and partying all night camp at 7 points and the rest stay at the refugee camp at susq, camp site...lol
    We party hard and ride hard. Haha. There is a lot of shenanigans going on at the susquehannock campsites for sure. It's all good fun. The band and beer tent is near our camp 9. It's fun. We burn the candle at both ends you could say. Mostly because we all have families and when we get together for bike trips we get a chance to let loose and party likes it 1999.

that guy
    Jun 2011
    ^that.

My team hasn't figured out how to reserve a specific spot on the peninsula, though. Last year, they stuck five of us in a campsite seemingly made for two, and it was kinda lame. This year, we have six going, but I'm afraid they'll again expect us to all Danny-up in one tent, or something... I hope not. With six people who each paid for parking, we might not even have room for a tent this time! LOL

We really need to figure out how to do it right for a change...

mtbr member
    Lol.
    Yeah, that was definitely us at 7 Points last year...

Don't get me wrong, the beer flowed freely once we were done riding each day (and maybe one or two for breakfast), but I must be getting too old 'cause I was asleep by 10 pm each night.

I did notice that each morning I was the first one up and moving, at least concerning all the surrounding sites to ours.
    Which, I guess, only confirms that I'm an old man. Haha....

mtbr member
    Aug 2016

Dirt Rag Dirt Fest 2017

I am reserved at 7 Points for Saturday night at SENO Site 188, I am still trying to get a site for Friday night, if not I will be just there for the day and going home for the night. This will be my first time going to the festival or Raystown Lake.

I am looking forward to going riding and getting my gf to demo some bikes while we are there.
    Last edited by nrweaver; 4 Days Ago at 06:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrweaver View Post
    I am reserved at 7 Points for Saturday night at SENO Site 188, I am still trying to get a site for Friday night, if not I will be just there for the day and going home for the night. This will be my first time going to the festival or Raystown Lake.

I am looking forward to going riding and getting my gf to demo some bikes while we are there.
    Thats a lot of trails to squeeze into one day.
    If you have to prioritize, make absolutely certain to ride Osprey and Hydro Loop. They are both in the area of the main festival/demo bikes, so demoing a bike on these trails would be convenient.

Hopefully, others will chime in with their favorites as well.

Interplanetary Traveler
    I've got SENO site 239 reserved at 7 points for thurs-sat.

Anyone who stops by looking for a Phat Cactus will be rewarded with a cold beverage :-)
    Surly Ice Cream Truck
    Surly Pugsley

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Thats a lot of trails to squeeze into one day.
    If you have to prioritize, make absolutely certain to ride Osprey and Hydro Loop. They are both in the area of the main festival/demo bikes, so demoing a bike on these trails would be convenient.

Hopefully, others will chime in with their favorites as well.

Ride Ridge to Rays Revenge to Sidewinder. So much fun. So high speed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016

Dirt Rag Dirt Fest 2017

Thanks everyone for recommendations,

I will actually be there all 3 days, I was late on getting reservations, but I am still watching for a cancellation for Friday night, otherwise I'll drive the 1.5ish hours home and then come back early Saturday morning.

My gf is a complete beginner and really needs to demo some new bikes, she does enjoy it just not sure if she wants to upgrade to something modern or not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrweaver View Post
    Thanks everyone for recommendations,

I will actually be there all 3 days, I was late on getting reservations, but I am still watching for a cancellation for Friday night, otherwise I'll drive the 1.5ish hours home and then come back early Saturday morning.

My gf is a complete beginner and really needs to demo some new bikes, she does enjoy it just not sure if she wants to upgrade to something modern or not.

I was there for Thursday last year, not much really happening but it was the best day weather wise, and that would be the best day to demo bikes it really does not pick up til Friday going into Saturday. Im holding off before I buy my tickets if the weather looks crappy im not even going to bother driving up, they wont demo bikes if its raining and the trails are crappy. Im staying in RCAM, which is one of the better camp sites, after staying in VCAM last year there is no way I want to climb that hill again...lol
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    ... Im staying in RCAM, which is one of the better camp sites, after staying in VCAM last year there is no way I want to climb that hill again...lol
    I look at the hill as a good warm up. A REAL good warm up.

Actually, we only climbed that hill once last year. After that we drove up, parked in the visitors center lot, and either rode from there or caught the shuttle.

Edited to add:

Does anyone know if there is a connecting trail from VCAM Loop to RCAM Loop?

If I remember correctly. Wasn't there a service road at the top of VCAM possibly connecting the 2 loops?
    That would avoid that hill.

Last edited by Coal-Cracker; 3 Days Ago at 10:22 PM.

that guy
    Jun 2011
    Ride Ridge to Rays Revenge to Sidewinder. So much fun. So high speed.

This is the correct answer.

mtbr member
    I look at the hill as a good warm up. A REAL good warm up.

Actually, we only climbed that hill once last year. After that we drove up, parked in the visitors center lot, and either rode from there or caught the shuttle.

Edited to add:

Does anyone know if there is a connecting trail from VCAM Loop to RCAM Loop?

If I remember correctly. Wasn't there a service road at the top of VCAM possibly connecting the 2 loops?
    That would avoid that hill.

I think there is, but not sure where it hooks up at, also they started to do some pipeline work around the seven points area, not sure what it has effected in that area but some trails are closed.

I did read though that there is an all new expo located right in seven points now, should be interesting.
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    I did read though that there is an all new expo located right in seven points now, should be interesting.
    Yeah, I'm also interested to see what they'll have at (I'm assuming) the Visitor's Center this year.

Not sure if you had the opportunity, but I've been back to Raystown since last year's dirtragfest, and the skills park is a blast. You have to check it out. Though I anticipate it being pretty crowded.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'm also interested to see what they'll have at (I'm assuming) the Visitor's Center this year.

Not sure if you had the opportunity, but I've been back to Raystown since last year's dirtragfest, and the skills park is a blast. You have to check it out. Though I anticipate it being pretty crowded.

No I have not, it was just being built last year.
    So far the fleet of Demo bikes looks pretty good, I see YT is coming, I asked how many bikes they bringing, they said "A Lot" since there is no other way to try a jeffsy it will be cool to check one out. Last year because of the rain I had no chance to demo a bike, even though im bringing my own bike, I would like to try out a few others, its not every day yoy get a chance to ride a 10k bike.