Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    psycho cyclo addict

Dirt Fest 2013 next weekend

Who's coming?

Looking to be a lot more demo bikes this year. I am still planning on bringing at least one of my own to hit all of the trails and maybe venture outside of the area for a Saturday rocky adventure too.
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

mtbr member
    I'm supposed to be going with a few friends, can't wait, it sounds like a blast.

What do you think the demo bike situation will be -- woefully underprepared or will there be ample supply for the amount of people attending?

I'm still bringing a bike but I was hoping to demo a Cannondale w/ lefty and a XX1 equipped bike.

VMB
    Yeah buddy!!!

Cat Herder
    I'm going. First year. Forget about bikes, is there enough beer to go around? I think I'll bring some of my own.

Just to be sure.
    It's never too late to re-invent the bicycle

psycho cyclo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanic Pizza View Post
    I'm supposed to be going with a few friends, can't wait, it sounds like a blast.

What do you think the demo bike situation will be -- woefully underprepared or will there be ample supply for the amount of people attending?

I'm still bringing a bike but I was hoping to demo a Cannondale w/ lefty and a XX1 equipped bike.
    This will be my 3rd Dirt Fest.

Speculating a bit... the vendors are getting good at the demo thing so there should be quite a variety to choose from for a limited number of attendees. I need a L or XL depending on the bike and generally those are in highest demand (at least that was the case when I attended Outerbike in Moab, UT a few years back where they had even more demo bikes).

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    It's a cool time indeed...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    First year going here, going with a bunch of people in a group - Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition.

The beer tents aren't open until after the day rides are done from what I understand, so we have each person bringing a case of their favorite stuff so there will be variety and plenty.

I think the fat bike is going with me, along with the wife's bike. But definitely demoing everything I can.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

Cat Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino View Post
    First year going here, going with a bunch of people in a group - Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition.

The beer tents aren't open until after the day rides are done from what I understand, so we have each person bringing a case of their favorite stuff so there will be variety and plenty.

I think the fat bike is going with me, along with the wife's bike. But definitely demoing everything I can.
    Good point on the beer. I was planning on bringing my bikes all along, so any demos I can wrangle are just gravy!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Looks like the reserved camping area are all booked. Any advice on staying at seven points walk in sites? I don't want to drive three hours and not be able to get a site.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hey, if there is anyone not registered yet - drop me a line. Registered my buddy a while back, but he shattered his ankle last week and isn't able to go. Can't get a refund, but can switch the registration over to someone else.

Ticket is for festival attendance + group camping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Anybody know how the manufacturers run their demos at an event like this? First come first served? Time limit for bike use, and a waiting list type system? I'm interested in sampling some demos, but don't want to show up and get stiffed.

Also, what's the cost for event entrance? I don't see it posted on DirtRag's Dirtfest page.

If I parked at the visitor center and rode my own bike into the campground to attend a clinic or two would that be frowned upon?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I saw somewhere it was 40 bucks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Quote Originally Posted by PdlPwr View Post
    Looks like the reserved camping area are all booked. Any advice on staying at seven points walk in sites? I don't want to drive three hours and not be able to get a site.
    Last time I checked, ALL sites at Seven Points are first come first serve this time of year...nothing is reservable. Probably want to stay at one of the first two camp areas as you enter Seven Points (ridge and something else) if you want o be closest to the trail over to susquehannock where the festival part is.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Can't believe there isn't more buzz around this. Friends and I visited last year, not during the event and loved the trails and Seven Springs camp ground. Three of us headed down tomorrow evening.

Ton of camp spots we aren't worried about the first come first serve.

If any of you see a teal Pilot on Orange Volks come over and say hello.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    If I'm understanding things, there is a shuttle that will provide service from seven points to the suquehanna camping area where the event is being held. It's 3 miles distance and I'm pretty sure there's a ridable trail connecting the areas as well. I'm just going to get a spot at the seven points campground. Some friends and I were planning on renting a cabin but no one wanted to commit so I'm just going solo. I didn't attend last year and regretted it all summer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The trail connecting SP to where the fest is nice and flowy from what I recall. More downhill on the way to the fest IIRC.

We will probably ride over early Friday for demos, check stuff out then shuttle back later for the parties.

Cat Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    Can't believe there isn't more buzz around this. Friends and I visited last year, not during the event and loved the trails and Seven Springs camp ground. Three of us headed down tomorrow evening.

Ton of camp spots we aren't worried about the first come first serve.

If any of you see a teal Pilot on Orange Volks come over and say hello.
    I thought there'd be a little more noise on here as well!

Next year, I wanna do it right and get a houseboat with my buds. They sell out pretty early, it seems.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Still not clear on event entrance. I think the $40 includes camping at the Susquehanna campground (event location), and I've read that areas is sold out/all booked up for the weekend. As everyone is saying Seven Points (which is the campground on the south end of the trails) is first come first served, and it's a huge campground. It has several loops, and each loop is has 20+ spots.

So does anyone know if there is a charge for walk-in or ride-in attendees? I'll probably stay away from the chaos this weekend since I can ride it any other weekend (hours drive away), but the demos and riding seminars are appealing.

For those attending hydrate up! It's going to be warm this weekend, and I'm sure you'll need it to help offset the night time festivities.

29er
    Apr 2010
    yes it is $40 to attend

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    ETA about 9pm coming from MD. Keep an eye out for my friends Pilot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    What a great event for those who missed it this year with a record attendance of well over 2000. It was cloudy but the trails were nice and fun was had! There were the most vendors I can remember with so many bikes on hand for demos. I took the Moonlander which was just a blast to ride, performed flawlessly! This is an event that keeps growing and from what I have been seeing each year will continue to get bigger and bigger. Don't hesitate to give it a try I can't imagine you would not have a great time and make new friends!

mtbr member
    yeah just got off work, it better fall on my off weekend next year! twice in a row i could not go *sob*

mtbr member
    May 2007
    What a great event. Only thing that could have made it better was if it was all week long instead of just one weekend.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hi,what brand bike rack is that?thanks

psycho cyclo addict

I had a blast- only neg's were: a friend dislocated her elbow and gent snapped his stem/jacked himself up a good bit. Dirt Fest 2013 next weekend-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369079896.871845.jpg
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast