Like, what city or whatever
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Launch Bike Park in SE PA...

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Blue Mountain Ski Area is supposed to have DH this coming year, had a preview day last year, near Slatington, Lehighton, Jim Thorpe area

What area are you from?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yep, Blue is planning it for next summer- a buddy of mine was put in charge of it and they are sorting out how to handle rentals as well.

mtbr member
    I just heard Blue has purchased a fleet of jamis DH bikes for the season. They also have season passes on sale for $175 before march 31, I'll be getting mine soon.
    Launch will not be running lift service this year, I believe you can still hike-a-bike though.
    Mt penn in reading is awesome, must be shuttled though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gp.plus View Post
    Launch will not be running lift service this year, I believe you can still hike-a-bike though.
    Where did you hear this?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Where are the DH trail in the area?
    This Google Map link should get you started.

No warranty on how comprehensive it is though.

Feel free to shoot me PM with updates.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_from_PA View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    A guy who works at Philadelphia community bikes and boards, I believe they are/were a sponsor and helped with trail crew duties. I certainly hope I am wrong but it seems atleast as of now they are not doing the 2013 season.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    A guy who works at Philadelphia community bikes and boards, I believe they are/were a sponsor and helped with trail crew duties. I certainly hope I am wrong but it seems atleast as of now they are not doing the 2013 season.
    i've heard the same rumor from one of the trailbuilders there. indicated that hike-a-bike may still be an option there.

launch / blut mt is coming back.

otherwise... reading / mt penn for shuttles. Try to meet up w/ some locals (there's a good number of them). Neko Mulally of Trek World Racing is local to that area. His youner brother Logan is a ripper too.

other than that... mt creek is 2.5~3 hrs depending on what part of town you are in.

platty is about 4.

watershed down in maryland... but i've been heaing there have been issues with the land mgmt and some rogue trailbuilders. been years since i've been there.

DH in southeast PA is few and far between unfortunately.

Old N Slow
    I'm in the York area. Blue MT, is 2 hrs away an 7 springs is about 3 1/2.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Guys you're all nuts and have NO IDEA where you're getting this information!

I'm the Trail Boss at Launch and my brother is the owner of Community Bikes and Boards, so take what I say as legit as it will come.

1 - If Launch is not open open for 2013 that is news to me...LOL! Barring some unforeseen tragic event we have a great season planned with lots of new exciting stuff...Stay tuned.

2 - As far as Community Bikes, NO ONE there is spreading that rumor I assure you. They are all well aware of what's on tap for Launch this year.

Do us all a favor and just ask your questions on the Launch FB page instead of spreading rumors. Also any new news regarding the park is posted there as it happens.

See you on the trails!
    C

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Last edited by Bigrocks; 02-10-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Old N Slow
    Big rocks I was out there just before the holidays, an talked to some people about it. I'm looking for something more green blue trail. As I'm just getting my feet wet again after a few years off the bike. Going from an old Y- 11 to a 9.9 will be a big learning curve as well.

mtbr member
    Radchad.. Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't trying to spread any rumors, I did hear that from a guy in the shop, maybe he wasn't an employee, I've only been there once. Anyway, I'm psyched to hear you will be open again in 2013!! I will certainly be riding there then, may even skip the season pass to blue now that I know this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    GP.plus - I know you were not intentionally starting rumors. It's all good. I was just pointing out that FB is the place to stay up-to-date on park status, events, etc. As far as the shop - We don't know who you spoke to but my bro has addressed the matter with all of his employees today.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrocks View Post
    A new trail was just built at Rocky Ridge in York. Jumps,berms and 4ft drops. Doable on 6-7in. travel rig.Check out YAMBA.org - The York Area Mountain Bike Association - York, PA
    AWESOME TIP!

nice map... will put it on my to-do list for this season.

Which trail has the cool features?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RadChad! View Post
    Guys you're all nuts and have NO IDEA where you're getting this information!

I'm the Trail Boss at Launch and my brother is the owner of Community Bikes and Boards, so take what I say as legit as it will come.

1 - If Launch is not open open for 2013 that is news to me...LOL! Barring some unforeseen tragic event we have a great season planned with lots of new exciting stuff...Stay tuned.

2 - As far as Community Bikes, NO ONE there is spreading that rumor I assure you. They are all well aware of what's on tap for Launch this year.

Do us all a favor and just ask your questions on the Launch FB page instead of spreading rumors. Also any new news regarding the park is posted there as it happens.

See you on the trails!
    C

hey chad, since you seem to be in the know on launch/spring mt... can you give any comment on this petition?

Petition Show Launch Bike Park some love!