mtbr member
    Apr 2007

DH /FREERIDE trails at MT. PENN are getting fixed up!

i'm really bummed how the dh/fr lines are at mt.penn so today 10/18/10 i'm starting on a-line any help would be sweet because there is alot of stuff that needs fixin.. im dave u might know me as downhill i been around forever and cut most of the lines people come and go and right now dh/fr riders up there are scarce we need to get a crew together and get it rippin again so anyone who is into it post......
    Last edited by freerideu; 10-21-2010 at 03:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm down!!! I go to Kutztown University so I'm like a half hour drive away and looking for some trails to ride!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    COOL ,i wasjust up and raked a-line but there is a tree down right after the first jump so that needs to be cut out ....... i'm going up at 1: 00 tomorrow to work on lips , all the jumps NEED REFACING, so when can u come up? i will be able to go up all week anytime

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I won't be able to come up tomorrow but i could probably come up wednesday around 4:30 if thats cool. PM or e-mail me and i'll give you my number so we can coordinate.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    WHERE ARE ALL THE LOCAL RIDERS AT? went up today dane cut the tree out so it is safe , tomorrow im meeting jc to do some fixin of jumps , 12;00 noon on

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    goin up friday at noon all day, anyone good for the weekend?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    got some stuff done on a line fri,sat. i didn't go up sunday but i guess i should have cuz it looks like at least 3 riders had fun on a line sunday......... anyone have a ride time set up?

Blue Pig
    Hope you find riders here. PA forums are usually dead unless someone is insulting someone then people start to show up...
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    where is this?
    I'm from NJ and I'm looking for more downhill orientated trails in the off season

Please point me to some DH inspired trails

I've seen Duryea DH vids on the tube for Reading, PA? Is that a dead spot now?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I need to figure out where Mt P is also. ;^(

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Mt Penn Location ?

Google : Mt.Penn Fire Tower and look at the top site that comes up and you'll get a bird's eye view of the trails which lie right below the tower (well almost right below).That will at least give you an idea where the trails are located.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    the trails are still here in reading just not as many riders it is not dead just slowed down a bit at the end of november would be a good time for u guys to come here because the leaves will be cleared off ....... we have 6 dh runs , some freeride,had to stop using wood bridges but there are some , alot of am stuff . i would like to get a crew of dh guys together i know where it's all at shuttle or pedal and session ...... POST .

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    I need to figure out where Mt P is also. ;^(
    READING P.A. look up the pagoda that is on mt.penn