RiffRaff
    Jan 2007

DH or FR around Pittsburhg?

I am coming up from ATL for the weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon) and was wondering if you guys "Yens guys?" had a ride somewhere. Or any places I should check out.This includes dives on the south side.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HTFR
    I am coming up from ATL for the weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon) and was wondering if you guys "Yens guys?" had a ride somewhere. Or any places I should check out.This includes dives on the south side.
    LOL, it's "Yinz"

Nice no rass
    We'enz got lotsa trails 'an at.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    We'enz got lotsa trails 'an at.
    Funny thing is, since I've moved down to Pittsburgh from Erie, everyone back home thinks I will inherit that language, but people in the city don't speak like that, just the communities outside of the city.

Nice no rass
    Spend more time here. It's still spoken all over. I hate when someone "yinz'es" me. I usually respond with a "we'enz". Funny thing is in 16 years here, nobody has ever even looked at me remotely funny for saying that or ever questioned it. Yinzers just don't get it.

When I lived "dawntawn" 16 years ago, nearly everyone talked like that. Drove me nuts.

Now the "Fayettenamese" is far worse than the yinzing ever was. If you don't know Fayettenamese, you haven't spent enough time in Fayette, Green or Somerset County. It's a completely different language.

mtbr member
    Not downhill but Frick and North Park are fun and loaded with fun trails (I would say if you go to Frick go on Monday on the weekends its more of a huge dog park)

We should all pitch in and build a run down Mt Washington (I think its Warshinton in Yunznesian) we have the incline for a cheap lift.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Or any places I should check out.This includes dives on the south side.
    It's not a dive but if yinz are into beer, wings, barfood, n'at, then you got to check out Fathead's in the Souside. Just across the river from dahntahn. HERE WE GO STILLERS!
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by davis
    It's not a dive but if yinz are into beer, wings, barfood, n'at, then you got to check out Fathead's in the Souside. Just across the river from dahntahn. HERE WE GO STILLERS!

the fat kid
    Frick is good.

Hartwood Acres is also good, its in the north hills/allison park area. I was there for the first time not long ago and it had some really aggressive single track with a lot of freeride areas. They say that the locals have been taking some parts down, but there are still a lot of neato places to huck.
    I ride faster than I should.

my fun has a hurting
    we are going to seven springs for the day on sunday. you would be welcome to join us. its $29 for a lift ticket. not a ton of trails as the gravity park is new, but its nice. more info is on our "club" site, http://dorc-pgh.com

the fat kid
    Discruntled Off-road Cyclists... i love it!!

Nice no rass
    Davis, that pic is classic...I can just hear the drunken Pittsburghese rolling.

RiffRaff
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cdburch
    we are going to seven springs for the day on sunday. you would be welcome to join us. its $29 for a lift ticket. not a ton of trails as the gravity park is new, but its nice. more info is on our "club" site, http://dorc-pgh.com
    I will be there if I get over this chest cold. I will be on a SXtrail w/gold bars.

my fun has a hurting
    we will be rocking a green/white V10(my buddy Chris) and an ano slate VP-Free(me). Stop over and say hi. It's always nice to meet other riders from the area.
    Last edited by cdburch; 08-09-2008 at 06:33 PM.

RiffRaff
    Jan 2007
    Sunday was a blast. I will be back up for shure. I will probably try and make it up after some more trails are open. Maybe that VP will be workin by then.

And Snowshoe yesterday was frign nuts. Sunday they had 4 inces of rain in about an hour w/ golf ball sized hail. The place was steep, wet, and just nasty. I loved it.

Later
    Shawn

my fun has a hurting
    once i got a new front tire and got to spend some time on it instead of fixing it it was sweet. now i just need a working drive train...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lee
    Not downhill but Frick and North Park are fun and loaded with fun trails (I would say if you go to Frick go on Monday on the weekends its more of a huge dog park)
    I'm in the park every day, the dog owners think they own it every day. It's a huge problem, I'm going to look up this new "Bike Czar" that was just appointed for the city and make him aware of the issues riding in the park.

I just got back from a ride, and happened to notice a group of three wearing Dirt Rag gear. Spoke to them briefly while riding, but caught up with them again in the parking lot off of South Braddock, and turns out that the girl is one of the models you see posing in Dirt Rag.

mtbr member
    I have going to North park the last 3 days, every dog owner I have come across has had there dog on a leash, I get freaked out at Frick waiting for a dog to pop out in my path (wouldn't feel so bad clipping the owner )

I really like Frick but am digging North park, a nice mix of trails (some fast and rocky, some slower rooty tight single track...even some nice mellow rides watching the deer and enjoying the quite)

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by VWMTBScott
    I'm in the park every day, the dog owners think they own it every day. It's a huge problem, I'm going to look up this new "Bike Czar" that was just appointed for the city and make him aware of the issues riding in the park.

I just got back from a ride, and happened to notice a group of three wearing Dirt Rag gear. Spoke to them briefly while riding, but caught up with them again in the parking lot off of South Braddock, and turns out that the girl is one of the models you see posing in Dirt Rag.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lee
    I have going to North park the last 3 days, every dog owner I have come across has had there dog on a leash, I get freaked out at Frick waiting for a dog to pop out in my path (wouldn't feel so bad clipping the owner )

I really like Frick but am digging North park, a nice mix of trails (some fast and rocky, some slower rooty tight single track...even some nice mellow rides watching the deer and enjoying the quite)

Ray
    I have rode there once since I moved here, it was last year during a GF and Trek demo day.

I'm spoiled living so close to Frick, I just ride down my driveway and down to Kensington Street and away I go.

the fat kid
    I've ridden North Park for over 10 years easy. You really can find just about any kinda trail you are looking for. Granted Frick has a lot more swoopy fast stuff, kinda similar to Hartwood, but North Park you just get a long, good ride and are able to connect things up really well.

...and chicks on bikes are haaawt!