Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    130

    Denton single track

    I read about a 15 mile single track mountain bike trail that leaves from denton hill and continues to patterson state park then down to cherry springs. Anyone ever ridden it???

  2. #2
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,048

    Sorry about the delayed response....

    Quote Originally Posted by jayhev
    I read about a 15 mile single track mountain bike trail that leaves from denton hill and continues to patterson state park then down to cherry springs. Anyone ever ridden it???

    Somehow I missed the post.

    I live up on top of Denton Hill across from Potatoe city.

    There is a network of multiuse trails up there, some of which wind from near Denton over to Patterson and Cherry Springs. They are basically unrideable now due to the blowdowns. I'm not too dissappointed because I wasn't really impressed with those trails anyway. I guess they were designed to be "multiuse" jack of all trade type of trails and the result was a they did not make for great mountain bike trails.

    In areas quite close to those trails and on my own land a newer moutain bike oriented system of trails is being created. Problem is we just don't have enough folks to rid them to keep them open.

    Let me know if you're interested in heading out this way.

    Where are you from?

    Mike

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13

    Wellsboro

    Hey I am home from college for the summer and doing some work for my father in wellsboro and will be looking for local rides and riders. let me know if ya have any info for me... Thanks

  4. #4
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,048

    Denton

    If you are looking for some really technical riding it would be worth your while to head over here by Denton Hill. I ride most days of the week. Repost if interested.

    There is another group or two over by Wellsboro. Most of those trails are nice but quite tame.

    Mike

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    Denton Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J
    If you are looking for some really technical riding it would be worth your while to head over here by Denton Hill. I ride most days of the week. Repost if interested.

    There is another group or two over by Wellsboro. Most of those trails are nice but quite tame.

    Mike

    I was recently in Coudersport visiting family and was introduced to some great tracks on Denton Hill (Thanks Mike and Mini!). Abolutely worth spending a weekend exploring miles of great single track that few know about.

    Jon

  6. #6
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,048

    Good job! Rock the Bosco!

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird1
    I was recently in Coudersport visiting family and was introduced to some great tracks on Denton Hill (Thanks Mike and Mini!). Abolutely worth spending a weekend exploring miles of great single track that few know about.

    Jon

    Glad you had a good time. More trails are in the making. Come back soon.

    Mike

Similar Threads

  1. Trek Single Track?
    By scotte1 in forum Trek
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 07:51 AM
  2. anser 2 ? are sun single track rims good 4 DH
    By sprocket in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:36 PM
  3. fireroads and single track
    By front range migz in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
  4. St. Maarten single track
    By markanglin33 in forum Other Areas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 04:30 PM
  5. 24 Race Report (very long)
    By Carter Taylor in forum Passion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •