Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3 "fiddy" for short

Denton or Seven Springs....anyone?

Did anyone go to Denton or 7 Springs today? I am interested to see what was done at Denton in the off time (PICS PLEASE!!!!) and I also would like to see the new DH course at the Springs.

-> SickLines.com <-
    I was at 7 springs on saturday, should have some cool stuff to show shortly.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    I was at 7 springs on saturday, should have some cool stuff to show shortly.
    Cool!! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    I was at 7 Springs over the weekend and rode for hours on there jump trail sat. It was fun, all the bermed corners were deffinetly fun, but the jumps could have been bigger. But I can see how they were just the right size for most people. All in all the trail they have now is a lot of fun and flows well. Good job to however helped out

-> SickLines.com <-

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I am going up this sunday for my first time trying DH! I will be on mongoose g3(dont laugh it was free! haha) but say hey! I dont know a soul that is into DH so i need some riding buddys!

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    Very nice and thanks for posting. The trail seems to be very fast and looks like it flows well. I like that. It seems that the Springs put some real effort into what they have. I will be visiting them in October for sure. Thanks again!!

Do you know how late they are planning on keeping the biking open for the season??

One more question.....What helmet camera are you using?? Im looking at buying one and like what I see from yours.

-> SickLines.com <-
    Until October 28th i believe.

Yea, It does flow pretty good. Its not super fast, some of the jumps could stand to be a lot bigger as once you get going fast... well you know. Some of the berms could be dug deeper but they work for the lower speeds fine.

The best part is not braking in the wooded section and just crank it. They were talking about the next trail which should be a bit more advanced. If you've ridden 7springs in the past, they've got a lot of great natural terrain to build some absolutely sick trails. (old norba track & the trail from 2 years ago too)

Its still a fun place to visit and definitely caters to the audience they were trying to hit.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    There were some photographers working the trail on sat. Is there some where they have those photos posted for viewing pleasure?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Photos

www.7springs.com

or

cu.7springs.com

They have some decent stuff posted, though not a lot. Tons of 24 hour race pictures posted though.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Thanks man, but all the dh photos are all of the same three guys! Whats with that? I know they snaped a ton of photos of me. Oh well...

mtbr member
    Are those rentals they are riding in the pictures???
    ------------------------------------------------------------

He who dies with the most toys wins...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Mostly rentals

Yes, The rental fleet consists of brand new Stinky Dee-luxes, brand new fox armor, and some Kona scrops hardtails and some Kona kids bikes. nice stuff.

mtbr member
    My friends and I were planning a trip to Denton in a few weeks but 7 Springs looks more fun. I have never been to a lift access mountain before. How much are the lift tickets and is the Fox armor included with the price of the rental bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Seven Spring, work in progress

Seven springs has done a great job in a short ammount of time. I was there all day monday and was not bored in the least for my first day of gravity riding. The rentals are top shelf and the lift tot he top is fast. The trail is about a 4 minute run for an advanced beginner, but fun as hell. By the end of the day, i could clear every jump but one. You can easily get 4-5 runs per hour.

Its 20 bucks for a full day lift ticket and 75 bucks for a Stinky and armor. 75 bucks for full armor, rental and 1/2 day ticket.Totally worth it IMO.

There is so much more to come, and the existing 1-track and session area at the top of Tyrol slope is worth checking out on a big bike as well. Look for the rock garden trail and follow the rce course to sme cool natural stunts.

If you ever want a tour of the mountain, PM me and I will gladly show you around.

In my opinion, they are pretty commited to gravity riding after a hugely successful opening weekend.

Opinions vary on the subject and some are justifiably pissed at 7 springs, but for those of us in the neutral camp that are not mad at the resort, you will find that the new terrain is worth the trip for beginners and intermediate gravity riders.

mtbr member
    How about hard tails at 7 Springs? Can you still have a good time with a beefy XC rig...or do you need full suspension to really enjoy the trails.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

He who dies with the most toys wins...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000cx
    How about hard tails at 7 Springs? Can you still have a good time with a beefy XC rig...or do you need full suspension to really enjoy the trails.
    you dont need full suspension for 7 Springs, a hardtail will be just fine.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian A
    Seven springs has done a great job in a short ammount of time. I was there all day monday and was not bored in the least for my first day of gravity riding. The rentals are top shelf and the lift tot he top is fast. The trail is about a 4 minute run for an advanced beginner, but fun as hell. By the end of the day, i could clear every jump but one. You can easily get 4-5 runs per hour.

Its 20 bucks for a full day lift ticket and 75 bucks for a Stinky and armor. 75 bucks for full armor, rental and 1/2 day ticket.Totally worth it IMO.

There is so much more to come, and the existing 1-track and session area at the top of Tyrol slope is worth checking out on a big bike as well. Look for the rock garden trail and follow the rce course to sme cool natural stunts.

If you ever want a tour of the mountain, PM me and I will gladly show you around.

In my opinion, they are pretty commited to gravity riding after a hugely successful opening weekend.

Opinions vary on the subject and some are justifiably pissed at 7 springs, but for those of us in the neutral camp that are not mad at the resort, you will find that the new terrain is worth the trip for beginners and intermediate gravity riders.
    I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

Seriously, when are we gonna hook up and ride again? I texted you a few weeks back, no response. Probably busy.

We're riding LM Sunday morning and a bunch of us planning a trip to Quebec next weekend. Are you guys interested in joining up? Bring some riding clothes this time

Still planning an end of season trip to Ray's after T-day before the slopes open.
    Last edited by Too Rass Goat; 09-07-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian A

I'm editing what I had to say...just in case.

Seriously, when are we gonna hook up and ride again? I texted you a few weeks back, no response. Probably busy.

We're riding LM Sunday morning and a bunch of us planning a trip to Quebec next weekend. Are you guys interested in joining up? Bring some riding clothes this time

Still planning an end of season trip to Ray's after T-day before the slopes open.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004
    What do you mean by some being pissed at the resort? Just curious...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Justifiably pissed

Too Rass Goat basically got treated like crap by the resort. He put a ton of time and energy into that place and basically got marginalized. No question it was a dick move on the part of the resort and he is right to boycott the place.

he can tell y'all the story if he wants.

He is a good man and a good rider. so he has a valid point.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Wow. I don't post much, but after watching the 7springs video on SickLines...I must say, thank god that was posted online because it looks like a total waste of a trip, unless the lift ticket is ~$5.

Denton is no freeride park (did they ever make the landing to that table non-vertical?) but it has enough variety to make it a really good time. Some fast beginner stuff all the way to some really steep stuff that can challenge just about any skill level (I miss pipedream...).

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Seeing as I've never done any downhill at all and I'm only an hour away, I'll be making a trip to 7 Springs before the end of the year. I read where Invicta said hardtails will be fine, but I'm wondering if it would be worth renting a big bike. I have a stock GF Sugar 4+. I'll most likely be trying to hit as many of the jumps as possible, input from those of you that have actually ridden it? It looked pretty smooth from the video. I've got most of the armor from moto already, it would be nice if I can get out there for just the cost of the lift ticket. Then I have a feeling a big bike will be on the way over the winter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ^^ you in the same boat i was in before i went. Your hardtail will be fine. The park is super easy if you have no problem jumping. Nothing is tech there at all. You should enjoy it just be sure to huck the jumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast