mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Denton Operting Schedule/Updates

Another great season is ahead!!

Denton will opening on May 24 (memorial day weekend) to begin operating lift serviced downhill and XC mountain biking on our over 50 miles of maintained trails. Operating schedule: Weekends 9:00 to 4:00 May 24 - July 13 & August 30 - October 12.

Openeing weekend we will have the second annual Denton Family Bike Fest with clinincs, tours, demos, and a cross-country race. The xc race will be an approximate 12 mile loop course with a one loop novice and two loop advanced format.

There will be a downhill event the weekend of June 28. This will give a good month of riding the trails in before we race on them. There will be two different courses for novice and advanced, both age and gender classes.

There are three new trails being constructed that will access portions of the "back east bowl" of the mountain. They will be longer runs with less pitch, and more rolling downhill terrain. Those of you familiar with the mountain...they will break off the left side of trail 4 leaving the top of the triple...one will parallel trail 9 on the opposite side of the valley. Slight pedal from the top (to trail 27,22) will give an almost two mile long no pedal, little breaking, downhill run. We are also building a significant amount of terrain features on these new trails and the existing trails. Features expansion will be significant in areas around trails 27,21,22,26.

Also new this summer. Denton will be offering planned and marked (guided if desired) bike routes and trips throughout the beautiful PA Wilds surrounding Ski Denton. We are partnering with local businesses to provide food stop and relief points along planned routes, of different lengths and terrains, for riders of all abilities. Denton will be offering loop trips from the ski area cabins, and drop-off pick-up trips through other areas including the Pa Grand Canyon. There will be planned trips for both mountain bikers and road cycling! This service will be available seven days a week for the entire season. There is some great riding in the region that we're hoping to introduce you to.

More info will be up on the web soon
    www.skidenton.com

We're looking forward to a great season!
    See you on the trails...
    Denton

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Denton, Sounds good. I will sure be making plenty of trips up there this year. Good to see more trails being built.
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The Vermont Mountain Bike Association are hosting the '2008 Mountain Bike Summit' in Stowe, VT, from May 7-9. This is a thee day training program for resorts to share their experiences and learn the best practice methods for resort based riding. Workshops will be presented by IMBA and Kona Bike Parks. We have just added Gravity Logic from Whistler, B.C. to our list of workshop presenters, which is a huge addition to the event! You can link to the registration page at www.vmba.org. Thanks, Patrick

mtbr member
    Does anyone know of any good places to camp around Denton? Or perhaps Denton themselves allow camping somewhere on their property? Plan on making trips from Erie and don't really want to have to pay for a room.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

camping

You can camp right at Denton. I'm not sure if they charge for it, but if they do I bet its only $5 or something.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! NEPMTBA is coming

Denton:

We have our bus trips planned to see you this spring and summer. Best wishes this coming season...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Great...Look forward to meeting everyone!!

mtbr member
    Denton,

Last season when i spoke with you, You were working on getting a fleet of KONA rentals. Any news on that? Will you have any other rentals than you did last season?

Thanks