mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Delano on Halloween

A few pics from last weekend's ride. Didn't spend much time on photography - too busy riding. But the ride was great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delano on Halloween-img_2348.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2349.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2350.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2351.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2352.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2353.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2354.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2355.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2356.jpg  

Delano on Halloween-img_2357.jpg  

ganginwood
    mountains, tights, clip-less pedals, clear pictures of actual single track in the woods....

you posted this in the wrong forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

Nice, that trail along the rock outcropping is a blast.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Nice pics, looks like a good time. I'm gonna have to get back up there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    mountains, tights, clip-less pedals, clear pictures of actual single track in the woods....

you posted this in the wrong forum.

HA HA AH Thats too funny...not even a bike laying on the ground...or hanging from a tree. I Love it!
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

More new trails

We found a new trail there right from the parking area that the motorcycle enduro guys cut for their latest event. It was a blast.

Endless variations on endless loops there.
    Video Production for Energy & The Environment
    www.levelaproductions.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonz
    Nice, that trail along the rock outcropping is a blast.
    ditto......the views look even better in the fall! Everytime we have hit Delano....we climb the rocks for a good look out over the land....Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Where is Delano located in PA, and is there a map of the area? Thanks.

Rolling on 650b
    I ride the Lofty / Delano area frequently, but I don't think I ride the same trails you were on. We usually start down by Lofty, then ride up towards Delano and back down. Where did you start this ride from? The singletrack we ride is really ripped up from motorcycles and EXTREMELY rocky.
    I'd love to join you if you hit it again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipless in PA
    I ride the Lofty / Delano area frequently, but I don't think I ride the same trails you were on. We usually start down by Lofty, then ride up towards Delano and back down. Where did you start this ride from? The singletrack we ride is really ripped up from motorcycles and EXTREMELY rocky.
    I'd love to join you if you hit it again.
    We started from Lofty Road, outside of Delano, and a little uphill from a power line crossing and substation. Trails are on both sides of Lofty Rd. I don't know my way around there yet. Bbohr was leading. But we mostly stayed between Delano and Lofty Reservoir. The moto trails we've found aren't too torn up, except in the few spots where it's not rocky. Overall it's great riding. Some of the pics are from the rocky ridge that runs east/west just south of Lofty Reservoir. We call it Stegasaurus Rocks, and you can see it from satellite views.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    riding there tomorrow should be there around 10:30 - 11 if anyones interested

Quote Originally Posted by Bizman
    Where is Delano located in PA
    Delano

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by slowdave
    riding there tomorrow should be there around 10:30 - 11 if anyones interested
    Slowdave- already committed to riding moosic mt tomorrow,but please let me know the next time you ride delano- you and bbohr are the only two guys that I know that know their way around delano.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Delano locacation

Duh, now why didn't I think of that? Sometimes things are just to easy to see or think of. Thanks for reminding me anything you want to know about (or almost everything) is on your computer, hehehe.

That is a pretty good trip for me from State College but I'll have to get there sometime. My wife and I went up to the Promise Land State Park (stayed in a cabin in Canendensis) for our mountain bike vacation this past August (great area) and Delano wasn't to far from there. We thought of going to the Jim Thorpe area but the riding was plentiful in the area we were at.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bizman
    Duh, now why didn't I think of that? Sometimes things are just to easy to see or think of. Thanks for reminding me anything you want to know about (or almost everything) is on your computer, hehehe.

That is a pretty good trip for me from State College but I'll have to get there sometime. My wife and I went up to the Promise Land State Park (stayed in a cabin in Canendensis) for our mountain bike vacation this past August (great area) and Delano wasn't to far from there. We thought of going to the Jim Thorpe area but the riding was plentiful in the area we were at.
    No worries, thanks for taking it so well. Delano is very cool, but confusing. Most of the trails were made for motorcross enduro races and they get re-routed annually, so there is a huge latticework of trails. Jim Thorpe is also very cool, but not what it was 8-9 yrs ago; much of the good stuff is no longer published, so local knowledge is key.