^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Dear Moderator: We need a Sticky for: Penna: Place, Ride Descriptions Thread

[SIZE="2"]Dear Moderator:

We need a Sticky for: Penna: Place, Ride, Descriptions thread..please

We all list this stuff Over & Over again. Can you Please Give us a Sticky Thread so Each one of us can list the area we know best for others to look at for directions, trail make up and other info about the specific place to ride?

Thanks for your time...
    __________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    +1 for this

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    +1 for this
    On a scale of 10 or 1?

LOL
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    It would be cool to have a sticky or something where the locals could post riding areas and they can go back and update weekly with the latest conditions. NO TYPICAL QUESTIONS posted about "how's it looking today" or any of that junk. Maybe PM's? I'd post about Merli, LSP, Prompton and Hubbard. Lee can post about 7 Tubs, F.S. and whatever else. Someone can post about Philly and Wissahickon... Any thoughts??? I'm in front of a computer all day, so it's not hard for someone like me to update 1-2 a week. ttyl, Fahn

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

[SIZE="2"]Rob:

Exactly what I was looking for:

One can always do a search as suggested but you have to go through millions of posts and some only mention the word trail or Frances Slocum in another context.

Here's my take as an example: I know Frances Slocum so I would add:

Frances Slocum: 3 major trails, Blue, White & Orange loops. NO Riding the solid Yellow squares. All other combo are allowed blue/yellow white/yellow

Trails consist of flowing, rolling terrain with root and rock areas. No major hills. Singlespeed friendly.

Group rides every Tuesday night 6 pm all are welcome

Local bike shops are Sicklers, Main Bike World, Plains Bike, B&B Bike. gas and food store at the intersection of Carverton & Manor Drive 1 mile form park.

Local ride group http://www.nepmtba.piczo.com

Bla bla bla and so on. this way everyone has a butt load of info to start with and it should cut down on the posts we have to answer...I know one can look in trail reviews but this is more interactive. just my thoughts![/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Maybe if we can updaye or become some sort of "mod" for the trail reviews??? In other words, I'd be able to get a password for "Merli" or "Lackawanna State Park" and update the trail conditions just above the ratings where the trail descriptions are... IDK, this might be a lot of work for the Administrators too though. ttyt, Fahn

PS,. I think I'm heading up to Merli tonight and then the Barn later... I've been dying to get back up there and ride those trails! Want to come anyone? The ride is leaving at 6 as usual. ttyl, Fahn

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

[SIZE="2"]Rob:

You know as well as I do there are certain Guys who know their area the best like Stick, he could post all the trails in his area and the Thorpe guys could do the same, everyone would have all the info for their area of Pa all in one Thread.

I sent you an email with NEPMTBA's plan the create a paper to hand out to newbee's with all info on it just like the example in my post. Hubbard needs to do the same. There is no listing for Hubbard on Mapquest and if you don't know John's name or addy your.. SOL.I will run this by John since he might not want all that attention there. He did speak with me about making Hubbard beginner friendly and he approves of my bringing newbees to Hubbard.

We could get them in the local bike shops also. It will give business to the shop since the shop owners cant always visit the trail themselves, yet the people will be informed.

By listing directions, stores and bike shops the person is fully knowledgeable as to bike type and proper preparation. I'm not trying overkill here but we have had people show up at FS with bike trailers and want to try the trails there.Then ***** at us because of it! The old I drove all the way up here for nothing![/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    [SIZE="2"]Dear Moderator:

We need a Sticky for: Penna: Place, Ride, Descriptions thread..please

We all list this stuff Over & Over again. Can you Please Give us a Sticky Thread so Each one of us can list the area we know best for others to look at for directions, trail make up and other info about the specific place to ride?

Thanks for your time...
    __________________[/SIZE]

7/28/07 Just answered the same questions again in the Jim Thorpe thread here in this string!
    proformance58@cs.com