mtbr member
    Mar 2008

dauphin/lebanon harrisburg trails?

So, I've moved to the harrisburg area, more like right on the line between dauphin and lebanon county. I can find trails for areas around me like york and lancaster, but I've been unable to find a list of trails here. So, I was hoping you guys can help me out.

I would like to find trails that are like xc or more rugged. Like that paved pathway along the river by harrisburg isnt really my thing. The places I do know are
    Swatara (15 min drive away, kinda small though isnt it? or am i missing part of it? The part i know is like 3 trails that loop around.)
    big boyde tree( not sure if bikes are allowed here but this is also close to me)
    State game lands on 443? (fishing creek/mountain road grantville, lots of new trails popping up there that are more my speed, nice semi technical stuff)

I've found on google that the devils raceway? is nearby, I can't find it, I can find that long trail that runs from stoney valley to ft indiantown. kinda like a quad trail.

So anyway I'm really close to all those places, and would love it if anyone has some others im not aware of, perhaps link a location on google maps or something for me?

Thanks!

*edit* oh also, if you know of any cool groups that go out around here I'd like to hear it, its always nice to meet other bikers to go ride with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Rocky Ridge in York, French Creek in Elverson. Check out Samba's website and Bamba's website. Plus lots of riding north near Wilkes Barre (Moon Lake, Moosic Mtn, Prompton, Mtn Top).
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Rattling Creek aka Lykens is probably your best bet. Mt. Gretna/Cornwall has decent riding on the whole, just not much of it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Swatara actually has 6 loops, for a total of about 8 1/2 miles. if I had to guess, you probably missed A1, A2 and D. From the C trail you can cross the creek and go either left or right from D. It's probably the most "rugged" but it's still a pretty easy trail altogether. A1 is off to the right, shortly after entering the trail. A2 is on the backside of A at the top of the hill.

sambabiker.com

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Welcome...

Add Roaring Creek & Danville trails at Geisinger...
    ...you can search here on MTBR or do a google search and lots will come up. let me know if your coming up to Moon Lake near Wilkes Barre, also we have a fun race near Moon Lake at HCGA 7/27/13 if interested. If you need more info just ask.

mtbr member
    For a closer to lebanon, light trail set there is the Mt Gretna Governor Dick park. It has a mix of old trolley access trails and singletracks. In the summer there's also a beach park and ice cream parlor
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Great I'll look these up. I used to live in scranton, So I've been to most of those trails up that way near wilkes barre. That's what I miss here, back around there there was just so many places to ride, not even dedicated parks but so many random quad trails through the woods. It's a good 2 hours away now though. I've been unable to find that type of endless riding here. Got some good ideas though so far!

I'll revisit swatara once the snow clears up and see what I missed.