mtbr member
    Sep 2004

To the d!ckhe@ds at wissahickon on sunday

Dear Two Douchbags in Matching Spandex Suits:

ME: descending by myself (quite slowly) by valley green on sunday

YOU: two losers in spandex suits with a bad attitude.

Stay on the road and off the trails with all that spandex. Don't ride people off the trail when there is PLENTY room to share. I promise I ride those trails much more than you do. And you can tell who the regular riders are b/c they are quite friendly, it's obvious who the weekend warriors are because they are too busy buying spandex to ride during the week. Yes I was descending and you were ascending but the trail was plenty wide didn't require a full dismount. It did NOT require you to be an a$$hole and ride me off the trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wiss-rider
    Dear Two Douchbags in Matching Spandex Suits:

ME: descending by myself (quite slowly) by valley green on sunday

YOU: two losers in spandex suits with a bad attitude.

Stay on the road and off the trails with all that spandex. Don't ride people off the trail when there is PLENTY room to share. I promise I ride those trails much more than you do. And you can tell who the regular riders are b/c they are quite friendly, it's obvious who the weekend warriors are because they are too busy buying spandex to ride during the week. Yes I was descending and you were ascending but the trail was plenty wide didn't require a full dismount. It did NOT require you to be an a$$hole and ride me off the trail.
    If you are ridding downhill, and the trail was wide enough, we didn’t you get out of the way? If there was only one line, you should give it up for the people climbing. Sorry.

And no, it was not me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    i was waaaaaay out of the way. a good 5 feet. this guy just thought he'd be cute and ride straight at me until i had to dismount in some bushes. i was practically stopped too, i just didn't fully dismount. uncalled for.

in the getto
    I thought this was the city of brotherly love
    p.s. I don't wear spandex !
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wiss-rider
    i was waaaaaay out of the way. a good 5 feet. this guy just thought he'd be cute and ride straight at me until i had to dismount in some bushes. i was practically stopped too, i just didn't fully dismount. uncalled for.
    The guy does sound like a jerk! Now a girl in spandex can run me over any time...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Hmmm

No disrespect, I'm sure you felt very offended by there actions and I'm not defending them but it sounds like you may be a little sensitive. You don't ride a rigid single speed do you? By the way it wasn't me

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Sorry. Too busy concentrating on getting all that spam-dex outta my butt.......................
    Evildead for PRESIDENT!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Hahahahaha!

that was funny evildead!!!

Inbred Homebrewer
    Ok, first off: It wasn't me. I was at Pennypack on Sunday riding with my girlfriend and her 6 yr old son.

That said, I have to agree with anand on this one. Maybe the guy was deliberately being an a$$hole. But maybe he wasn't. It's entirely possible that he was climbing toward you because 'his' line up the hill took him that way. If you're talking about the hill right next to valley green (to the left of the inn if you're standing on forbidden drive facing it) affectionately known as 'the widowmaker' back in the day...it's not exactly an easy climb. Granted, parts of it closest to Forbidden Dr. have been smoothed out, and the giant tree laying across it kinda breaks up one's flow anyway, but just because it's wide doesn't mean that there's an infinite number of good lines going up (or down).

Just because you might ride there more than the spandex doods doesn't give you the right to assume you've got the right of way.

If you were going so slow as to be a "target" for someone climbing that hill, you should've just stopped and let them climb up. Would it have killed you to wait a minute? Not likely.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

amen

Quote Originally Posted by anand
    If you are ridding downhill, and the trail was wide enough, we didn’t you get out of the way? If there was only one line, you should give it up for the people climbing. Sorry.

And no, it was not me.
    I find there's almost always room for two good riders to pass without either having to dab, let alone dismount. But if you're descending and the approaching riders are not that skilled, it is YOUR responsibility to get the Hell out of their Way, even if that means you have to get off your bicycle. If I was climbing and you were descending and forced me off the trail, we would have words, minimum. Maybe you are the d@ckh#ad?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey Wiss, were these two "glans craniums" by any chance wearing shingaurds?
    Evildead for PRESIDENT!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I have to say, it sounds like you had the problem. You are descending, you dismount and get outta the way, no matter what. Maybe its just that the places i ride are tighter (singletrac only really) but i've never not got off when i saw someone going up at me. And for the good of the order spandex is a hell of a lot more comfortable to ride in than the baggies most of us wear. I have both, but i wear lycra all the time if possible.

Keep the hate at home too, right in a journal, non of us here want to hear you complain.

FYI i was at Merli in Carbondale (scranton) at home last sunday