Thread: The curse.

Cyclovore

The curse.

Living in the Alleghenie highlands is curse in March. We got another 7" of that white stuff in the last 24hrs. I hope someone out there can ride today. Looks like another weekend of boarding at Blue Knob.
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    You should feel lucky, I measured 14" in the yard this morning, Schuylkill County. Not that we were even close to having ridable trails before this snow, but this surely added a week or two...

Nice no rass
    Don't sweat it Mike. We got a good 10" or more in the last 30 hours here at Seven Springs. The good news, all the natural in the woods had melted before this hit. More good news...The temps are forecasted to go 40-50's next week, so it won't last but a few days. The ground is kind of warm from last week and the sun is due back.

With any luck, Laurel Mtn will be rideable in areas by this weekend. We're really hoping to get out for the first time next weekend.

My regular riding group is all instructors at Seven Springs. We've all been skiing/boarding since Winter started and we're ready for a change of sport from skiing/boarding to MTB'ing.

The good news is trails at Seven Springs and Laurel mtn drain fast (with the exception of a few select areas to avoid) so with any luck, we hit the rocks next weekend.

We're hoping to pull a triathalon next weekend:

Morning ride at Laurel Mtn, followed by a few afternoon hours in the park and pipe at Seven Srings on the way home and then a little sack time with the Mrs. after dinner. The perfect "triathalon"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    in philly i was riding ON TOP OF 4-5" of ice and slush all weekend...

it was ridiculous... saturday was kind of fun only falling through in spots before it melted (we rode for a good 1-2 hours)

but then it set up even harder for sunday.

sunday i just went bombing right through the middle of the woods behingd my house (wissahickon). the snow was so hard i could jump natural windlips of snow on the logs ride and generally ride wherever the hell i wanted. it was the most fun i had on my bike in a long time!

i wish i hadn't fallen so hard earlier in the week as i was really timid out there in the woods afraid to fall again.

i serously considered calling in sick this morning to do it again but i didn't i know summers coming and although this is a ton of fun days of 70's and dry trails will be here soon! thats when those sick days comin handy(er).

i'll take whatever we got in philly over real snow anytime!