Thread: Cooks Forest

mtbr member

Cooks Forest

Going camping this weekend up at Cook Forest SP. Any decent singletrack up there to look out for?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I haven't been there for 10 years or so, but back then they were VERY unfriendly to MTB'ers. Having said that, there must be some good stuff outside the park.

mtbr member
    Those "hiking" trails through the old growth hemlock are just begging to be ridden, but all seem to have newer No Bikes signs installed. What a shame. There was a bike path map in the campground office but it looked to be many miles of gated double track or active dirt roads.

Love those hemlocks, would be a magnificent venue for some bike trails.

mtbr member
    I was last up there about 2 years ago and it was extremely unfriendly to bikes. Agreed with some of the above posters about it being a place with great potential for some awesome trails. Wonder if there are any cycling groups up that way that can start the ball rolling on some bike trails?

mtbr member
    I was up there this year and just as its been said there may be one or two mt bike trails. I entered one from the camp I was staying at there were no signs saying no bikes at the camp but sure enough there were signs at every other exit. I really didnt care at that point. I just keeped riding. Its a shame a true shame to let soooo much potential go un-used like that!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You can ride all the trails in Clear Creek state park just down the road. There is some great singletrack there.