Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Did you ever have ham?

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!

In order to give the appearance of me being organized, I have decided to start this thread to chronicle my adventures!!! Today, I decided to hit da Moon with a few of my friends!!! Ronnie, Sammy, Ozzy, and I had a great time at da Moon!!! Gotta love MP3 players...LOL!!! I rode from the main gate up past the tennis courts as a kind of warm up. Then I hit the trails beginning with Rock Waterfall, rolling up onto Big Blue, then I decided to check out the new re-route on Buddy's!!! It is awesome...the whole trail is amazing!!! From there, I rode down the paved road and into The Dark. At this point, I was really riding well and became delusional and decided I was going to ride up Screamer...by the time I got to Squeezer gravity had dealt me a swift slap to the face so I turned around. I concluded my ride with Farm Road, MoZee, Peak-a-Boo, and the paved road out to my car. All in all, I did 4 miles in 41 minutes...not too shabby!!! You just gotta nail it, Jim!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-img_20120812_151703.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-img_20120812_154814.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-img_20120812_162014.jpg  

Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Great idea, and good to see you hit da trails at da mOOn...

...ride ride ride Moto!

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    moto - since it sounded like lee tried to kill everyone with the hills last ride , maybe you can figure out the best route to take so it feels like you're always going down hill

glad you got to ride; seems like you had a good day too.

mtbr member
    sound like you had a great ride . cant wait to ride the moon again it has been to long!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadrider View Post
    moto - since it sounded like lee tried to kill everyone with the hills last ride , maybe you can figure out the best route to take so it feels like you're always going down hill

glad you got to ride; seems like you had a good day too.
    You mean there were survivors?

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    You mean there were survivors?
    a few of the lucky ones

Did you ever have ham?
    Vacation starting on the 27th...I want to spend alot of it mashing pedals!!!

Did you ever have ham?

More Moto Mayhem at da Moon!!!

Took a quick trip to da Moon yesterday before work to get a little:

a) fresh air
    b) exercise
    c) insanity
    d) fun
    e) all of the above

If you answered "E", you are absolutely correct!!! You get a Gold Band Aid!!!

Here is my little video journal of my adventure...enjoy!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QLTgDdhBF_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    F = "Clif" with "ONE" "F"...
    ...I have a story for you

Did you ever have ham?
    I love playing with my new tripod...don't know how I lived without one...LOL!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Moon x Three

Three times at da Moon in the last two days!!! I started off with a great ride yesterday morning followed a great walk with my adorable girlfriend last night...great way to spend a Sunday!!! Woke up relatively early this morning, made some eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast and aimed the Honda towards da Moon!!! Had a great ride, really picked up the pace the last few times I have ridden!!! Ran into a guy at Deacon, didn't catch his name, but he said he was going to hit up the Wednesday night ride....he was riding a really nice black and red Specialized!!!

I finally made it all the way up the hill coming off TTS up to 8...hey hill, how do you like me now? I rode TTS down to the original 8 and was hammering through there better than I ever have...that's when I hit a little tombstone coming into a corner and went down pretty good!!! I thought chicks digges scars...but mine doesn't like it!!! LOL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0002.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Did you hurt the ROCK?... LMAO

No... just kidding, hope you are, OK

wounded knee
    Ouch!
    Glad to see your out there making progress, with progress comes speed, with speed comes crashes, then as you get used to the speed your again making progress.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Glad to see your out there making progress, with progress comes speed, with speed comes crashes, then as you get used to the speed you become Bob Hannah... LOL

Did you ever have ham?
    BANANA WON THE DILLA!!! Actually, I was playing charades with myself and the word was lawn dart!!!
    LOL!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Here's the pic from the winning day...

...look at all the 2 smoker pipes just hanging there!

Ahh, the good ole Box Van days!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-2_g-unadilla-1985.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 08-21-2012 at 08:44 AM.

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    i feel for you moto - had my own little get off on sunday

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465 View Post
    I thought chicks digges scars...but mine doesn't like it!!! LOL!!!
    and it doesn't often work the other way around either

Did you ever have ham?

Sunday at da Moon!!!

Today was a family day at da Moon!!! I rode while my girlfriend, Lisa and her daughter Brittany took a nature hike!!! I started out on Nature's Way 1 to 8...rode 8 all the way up to T-Rex1!!! From there I toured the campground and descended the big stinky downhill to the new extension of Watkins. I changed a flat and proceeded up the paved road from the lake to Buddy's and up Twister!!! From there, I just hit the paved road and out to the car!!! What an amazing day at da Moon!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0004.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0024.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0025.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0026.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Glad you are making progress. The million dollar question is who is the guy going into the porta-potty behind the picture of your gf?? Lol I just noticed that! See ya next week at the CCC pre-ride!

mtbr member
    we ran into u our first time out tha moon! draggng sticks in our derailleurs up the hill =P thanks for the posts, i find it inspirational, keep up the good work

Did you ever have ham?
    He snuck into that pic...LOL!!! Definitely going to be at the pre-ride and already pre-entered for the race!!! I remember you, ferko, trying to steal kindling from da Moon...LMAO!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Happy MoonDay!!!

Today, I visited the Moon again without the Mono!!! Lisa and I decided to hit da Moon for a little nature hike!!! Trails are in beautiful shape!!! We did a little trail cleaning as we went. I introduced her to Skinny's and she really liked it!!!

On our way out we stopped at Deacon in order to check my sugar and we were surprised to see a well-known celebrity enjoying the man-made obstacles at da Moon!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-huckindeacon.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Glorious Day at Da Moon!!!

Third day in a row at da Moon with beautiful weather!!! It doesn't get much better than this!!! I was joined today by Lisa and her son, Brandon!!! Since Brandon is still handicapped by his cast...Lisa and Brandon decided to do a nature walk!!! While they were enjoying their walk I was putting my legs and lungs to the test!!! I started out from the Marina. I took the extension of Watkins and from there jumped Skinny's and then up to the campground. I rode up T-Rex 2 and had all intentions of riding T-Rex1, but I was pretty tuckered so I decided to take a raincheck on that one today. I hooked onto 8 by the old stone steps and rode down to Deacon and back to the Marina. It was a great ride on a great day!!! Looking forward to the Wednesday night ride tomorrow!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-moon1.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-moon2.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-moon3_resize.jpg  

Last edited by motoman465; 08-28-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Pic too big

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    If you have Moon Ride lasting more than 4 days see your Madrack...
    ...LMFAO

Did you ever have ham?

LMFAO!!!!

Just nail it, Jim!!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Urban Pedal Warfare

Today, I decided to do a nice town ride!!! So me and the Mono hit the rail bed in Swoyersville and headed off towards Exeter and West Pittston. It was a great ride until I got to Exeter and heard the dreaded woosh of air from my back tire. Then reality slapped me when I realized I left my tools and spare tube in my car!!! Walked about three blocks to Sickler's for a new tube. The guy was really great!!! I was about 30 cents short, but he hooked me up. Then let me borrow a pedal wrench and their shop pump!!! Got going again and turned my trusty steed towards home and off I went!!! All in all, it was a great ride...just over 8 1/2 miles and an hour and 8 minutes riding time!!!
    Last edited by motoman465; 09-12-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Forgot pics!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Urban Pedal Warfare

Today, I decided to do a nice town ride!!! So me and the Mono hit the rail bed in Swoyersville and headed off towards Exeter and West Pittston. It was a great ride until I got to Exeter and heard the dreaded woosh of air from my back tire. Then reality slapped me when I realized I left my tools and spare tube in my car!!! Walked about three blocks to Sickler's for a new tube. The guy was really great!!! I was about 30 cents short, but he hooked me up. Then let me borrow a pedal wrench and their shop pump!!! Got going again and turned my trusty steed towards home and off I went!!! All in all, it was a great ride...just over 8 1/2 miles and an hour and 8 minutes riding time!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0001.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0002.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Great!

Looks like a nice back'0'the town trails ride! Amazing how the bamboo grows back there! Too bad ya didn't make it to the secret trails they are trimmed out and have been riding them all summer!

Did you ever have ham?

Roadpirate's Welcome Back/Happy Birthday Ride

What a great time at da Moon yesterday!!! We were celebrating Roadpirate's birthday and return to da Moon after getting his unfortunate skateboarding accident!!! It was Roadpirate, Dirtrider6, Buddy123 with Buddy and Barney, tuffgrl, and mini. We were joined by NEPMTBA, Justingkoolaid, and RRHines for an amazing ride!!! We started off from the big pavilion down by the lake up past the maintenance buildings to Deacon. We all started up the service road, but I ended up riding that hill three times because Barney decided he wan't ready to join the ride yet...LOL!!! We then hit Ledgeview, 8, Edge, T-Rex 2. Roadpirate and I opted out of doing Screamer. Off to the pavilion for some great company and some good eats!!! Just wanted to thank everyone for helping make Brandon's return such a special one. Thank you!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0001.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0004.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0009.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0016.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0019.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0021.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0022.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0028.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0040.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

What do you do after a hard day's ride?

You break out the fishing rod and hat and take all the fish from the lake!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0045.jpg  

mtbr member
    great pics . i will post some soon . it was a great ride with great friends !

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Elmer said "Moto is taking all the fish outta da lake" Waaaaaaa!...LOL

Did you ever have ham?

New Toy!!!

Lisa and I got new phones the other day!!! We had Straight Talk phones and they worked great, but I lost coverage from outside of Luzerne all the way up to da Moon!!! Went to Verizon and got Samsung Galaxy Stellars. Download an app called Move! Bike Computer...Love It!!! You can map your ride and download it to Google earth!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-myride9-19-12.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yep and anywhere you go the "Man" is watching you... too

Did you ever have ham?

Beautiful day for a Moon landing!!!

Today Lisa, Brandon, and I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather at da Moon!!! Lisa and Brandon decided to head out on Nature's Way1 while I was getting ready for the ride!!! Good thing I hung behind because another rider needed my assistance in the form of borrowing my cell phone because he locked his keys in his car. Once everything was squared away, I set out on my journey to join Brandon at the lake. I rode down the paved road and ducked in on Peek-a-Boo and down to the lake. I decided to introduce Brandon to Skinny's, from there we ducked onto 8 rode that down the cut-out on the first section. We ended our ride by enjoying Ledgeview and the service road down by Maintenance and out the road!!! It was a great ride with no injuries other than being sore when we got home!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Good stuff!

Keep them pedals turning...

Did you ever have ham?

RoadPirate and Moto's Urban Assault!!!

Today, Brandon and I decided to get out and do a little urban assault ride...just to get the juices flowing...great day for a ride with a great kid!!!

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0002.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0003.jpg  

Last edited by motoman465; 10-08-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to add pics

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    That tank looks like it's still on 26 wheels...
    ...needs an upgrade to 29er wheels!...LOL

Did you ever have ham?
    The tires are made by Firestone...hope they don't blow out!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Beautiful day at da Moon!!!

Yesterday was far too beautiful of a day to not be at da Moon!!! Since I had not really been doing any serious riding for a few weeks, I decided to take an easier route!!! I started out on Nature's Way1 to What. From the end of what I jumped out on the service road and up towards Nature's Way1. I then jumped on the paved road and headed up past the tennis courts to Big Blue!!! As I approached the Nature Center I felt an odd sensation on the trail...rear tire was losing air!!! Not a problem....I had my tire tools, a tube, and a pump with me! Now for the problem...I forget my wrench for the rear axle bolts back in the car...well, I guess it was a nice day for a walk, too...LOL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-3-.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-4-.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-6-.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-5-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great pics...I feel ya about the flat too, I got my first on my new bike Sunday at the Moon too, must be thumbtacks out there

Did you ever have ham?

I was so excited and in such a hurry to get to da Moon today, I forgot the six P's....Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!! I forgot my drinks and some of my tools!!! Ooops!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Damn!!!

Brandon and I were out tooling around town on our bikes yesterday when I ran over a big rock under the leaves...the impact caused such pain in my right foot I had no choice but to see the doctor today. He said I have plantar fascitis! I am on some powerful anti-inflammatories and I am supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible! I hope this gets better soon!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    If the leaves were blown of and you could have seen the rock!

Chilling out
    ... plantar fascitis ...
    dang.

you need better foot-gear too, that can help prevent plantar-f.

;^(

Did you ever have ham?
    I am going to check into that Bear, thanks!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Life on da Moon!!!

Brandon and I hit up da Moon on Monday for a Veteran's Day ride!!! The weather was absolutely amazing and it was so great to ride da Moon again!!! This morning, I once again hit up da Moon and had a great ride, despite still nursing a tender foot!!!

MoonMovie2.mp4 video by bigdaddy6990 | Photobucket
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-mono.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by motoman465; 11-14-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Video link not working

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Happy V day...

...and thanks my friend, looks like ya had a blast!

Did you ever have ham?

It's That Time!!!

I got out for a shakedown ride on my new Giant Talon yesterday...thanks to Dave at Valley Cycles for such a great deal!!! I felt like I was flying, well, at least while I was able to breathe decently...I have not been riding and exercising like I should be!!!

Guess what time it is!!! If you guessed sweatpants, duct tape, and hiking boots time...you are absolutely CORRECT!!! Enjoy the ensuing pictures of the madness about to ensue!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-moto_moon.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-moto_giant.jpg  

mtbr member
    Todd, I'm so glad you have a reason to ride again!! New bikes always bring out the best in us! Lol...
    ahh...the sound of my hub when I coast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast