Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6 View Post
    Todd, thats just the bike being new and the cable streching, take it into dave and have it adjusted, it'll be good as new.
    Todd, if the weather isn't as dire as the current forecast, I'll likely be out at Moon on Friday "field testing" a bike rebuild ... I could give your bike some TLC before riding if you're also there.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Of course I'm not trying to fix a bike over the internet, but...

...from a long background of riding, when we had 5,6,7 and 8 speeds way less problems existed. Since 9 and 10 speed drive trains came out, more and more problems are caused by precise and closer tolerances between shifts. It has led to replacement of components at a higher rate.

One thing since I personally know you. You are a powerful rider with lots of torque behind your pedal strokes! You will wear stuff at a higher rate than a less powerful rider.

Since it's a faily new bike, and considereing your rear deraiuler is damaged, or bent. The cable housing isn't bent or damaged and well lubed...

...fixing tips, look at the shifter cable along the frame if it is exposed and not running in a full length cable housing, lightly try to pull it away from the frame, if it comes away from a half inch or more it has stretched and next try turning the barrel on the shift pod out 1 to 1.5 turns to take slack out of the shift cable as a first fix.

If that is not doing the trick, buy a chain checker and see how much stretch your chain has. A chain that has stretched will ride higher up on the teeth on the rear cogs and basically try to skip off the cogs.

If it is stretched you could try a new chain, and buy the next level up chain, don't look for light weight or racing type chains, but rather a middle of the road chain that will have better metal components, you know this from Motos, buy the cheapest chain and your adjusting all the time due to quicker wear.

Last resort is replace both chain and cog which usually is done at the same time anyway.

There are loads of helpful vids on the internet to assisit if you so desire to view these!

Good Luck! Ride da SSer(no shifting problems ever)...LOL
    MOTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOO

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by bankofdad View Post
    Found the Christmas tree nice job,even stopped to rehang a few ornaments that feel off. My friend and I made the 2 hour drive to get there on Sunday only to get caught in the rain there making the trails super slick I was trying a pair of X Kings 29x2.2 and they were horrible I think I might try Lee's suggestion on the Ardents.
    Sorry we missed you Sunday, Ron and myself left a little after 12 and it started to rain very shortly after that, nothing real heavy to spoil our ride, but enough to make it slick.
    I had a Ardent on the front a few weeks ago it was great all year but I wiped out twice on rocks with it, next I put a Stout on good mud tire but even worse on the wet rocks, I then put a Negegal on the front for Sunday, man what a difference, it was great on the rocks and when it did slide it was a predictible slide.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    The Panaracer Rampage has been doing well on the wet, the few times I had it out in those conditions. Seems to roll better than the Nevegal, but that doesn't make much sense to me as they are similar designs.

Must be the Japanese Pixie Dust in the Panaracer tires.

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    The Panaracer Rampage has been doing well on the wet, the few times I had it out in those conditions. Seems to roll better than the Nevegal, but that doesn't make much sense to me as they are similar designs.

Must be the Japanese Pixie Dust in the Panaracer tires.
    They are very similar patterns, The Negegals have a dual compound softer rubber than the Rampages, probably leading to the feeling of slower rolling, but I think they are much better in the wet having run them last year back to back the softer rubber was noticebly grippier (is that a word) in the wet.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Moto, I agree with DR6. Sounds like the typical cable stretching during the break-in period. Take it to Dave and I'm sure it's just a simple adjustment.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    dirtrider6, I have 3 Nevegals just collecting dust. Sundays ride was a spur of the moment thought and a quick look @ the radar fill the tank and go. I will give someone a heads up in advance for my next trip plus I want to stop by Dave's shop and bring my full suspension bike instead of the hardtail Jamis's

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    It amazes me how a little tuning with air pressure will make a difference...
    ...sometimes making a bad tire into a really good one!

Did you ever have ham?

Snow Test Ride!!!

Well, today was just a little test run!!! Didn't have much time so Brandon and I headed out NW1, NW2, What, NW2 and back out to Deacon!!! Due to the time constraints we just headed down past Maintenance and back to the car!!! We had to test out my Christmas present from Brandon...he got me some Primo Super Tenderizer pedals!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-pedals.jpg  

Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Did you ever have ham?

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!

It was time to go make some tracks in da snow today!!! Loaded up the Redline and pointed the Honda towards da Moon and started rowing through da gearbox!!! Got up to da Moon and started out on NW1...forgot how challenging and fun it is to ride in da white stuff!!! Continued struggling out NW2 to What....from there to Maint., down around the lake and up by the pool and out!!! Ended up doing more walking than I wanted to, but it was a great day to be out there breathing da fresh Moon air!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-ducttape.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-freshtracks.jpg  

Last edited by motoman465; 12-28-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Forgot to add pics

Did you ever have ham?

New Year's Day Ride!!!

Since there was too much snow at da Moon, I was forced to assault the asphalt!!! So much nicer to cruise around town being able to shift, no offense to da Redline!!! I think I need to go see Dave and Chris over at Valley Cycles for a new saddle...that stock Giant saddle is like a piece of plywood with three tissues taped to it!!! A good ride...wanted to do more than 7 miles, but I did not want to wear myself out for work!!! Happy New Year!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-newyear.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-snowgiant.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

I am pleased to announce....

That the trails at da Moon are still there!!! Did a little snow ride today, about 2 1/2 miles since snow riding is not one of my strengths...but it was fun!!! NW1 to Ledgeview and the first section of 8 back out NW1 to the car!!! Even with the snow, the trails at da Moon are incredible...I just want to extend a heart-felt thanks to everyone that makes these trails so great!!!

Did you ever have ham?

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!

Decided to hit up da Moon today to start off my week on a positive note!!! It was not a long ride since I didn't sleep very well last night...only 2.5 miles but I had a great time!!! The trails were frozen nicely, with a little mix of crunchy snow and some thin krispy krunchy ice!!! Hit up Big Blue, Twister, and Mo-Zee. At this point, I was already feeling pretty whooped so I bailed out up through the pool parking lot and hit some fun slipping and sliding on the ice at the entrance to the lot!!! Great beginning to da work week!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-myride1-21-13.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0134.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0135.jpg  

Last edited by motoman465; 01-21-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Forgot a pic!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Dude whatcha got in da fridge...
    ...how about a tour...LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0134.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Hello February!!!

I kicked off February with a chilly ride at da Moon!!! After bundling up a little I unloaded da Redline for my assault on da trails!!! I started pedaling out Nature's Way. Then I decided on a really fun trail...What you may ask!!! Exactly!!! From there it was NW2, service road, Ledgeview, and back down the first section of 8, and NW1 to da car!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-bundle.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0141.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0142.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Snow Kidding!!!

Went up to da Moon today to put some fresh tracks in da snow!!! Fresh snow all the way out NW1, Service Road, 8 all the way up to T-Rex1, then the Service Road down to Eagle, Ledgeview, Service Road past Maintenance and out!!! Fun riding in the snow and I had the whole park to myself!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-ride-.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-gate.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-bars.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Moonday Morning Ride!!!

I decided to kick of da work week with a ride at da Moon!!! Out NW, up da service road, to Ledgeview, the second section of 8, back down da service road, and ducked in on the first section of 8, service road and NW out!!! Trails were amazing with some ice, some hardpacked snow, and some bare spots. Fast, yet tricky conditions!!! I was bitten by a log over on 8...guess I should have pulled a little more...LOL!!! I am so looking forward to the upcoming riding season!!! See ya on da trails...Ride da Moon!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-wipeout.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-serviceroad.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dalounge.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    How do you like the Primo pedals? They are the bmx ones right

Did you ever have ham?

Moonday morning ride

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotHead87 View Post
    How do you like the Primo pedals? They are the bmx ones right
    They are working very well! I have not had a problem with feet slipping and they are. pretty comfy with their slight concave shape...and they look pretty cool, too!!!

banned
    Jan 2013
    Dude you are hammering it. Love it.

@theolebagger

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465 View Post
    They are working very well! I have not had a problem with feet slipping and they are. pretty comfy with their slight concave shape...and they look pretty cool, too!!!
    I remember when I use to ride bmx they were solid pedals, lots of people rode them. Probably will be the first thing I switch out on my bike. They do look good on yours

Did you ever have ham?

Best Way to Start da Week

No better way to start da work week than with a ride at da Moon!!! Started out on NW1, What, out to Deacon. I took a wrong turn and ended up connecting NW2 to NW1 via 5858. Finished up with Ledgeview, 8, Skinnys, and out the paved road. I wanted to do more, but didn't want to be like a limp noodle at work tonight!!! Just shy of 3.5 miles today!!!The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-monocog.jpgThe Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-monocog2.jpgThe Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-ride.jpgThe Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sun.jpg

wounded knee
    Nice ride Moto, conditions were tricky
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Did you ever have ham?
    Thanks Chuck!!! Yeah, it was a challenging ride, but so much fun!!! Can't wait until spring gets here!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Odd Find!!!

I found something odd at da Moon today!!! Brown snow!!! I am going to try riding on it tomorrow...LOL!!!The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-nosnow.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast